What's new

Las Calaveras

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How are you guys enjoying your Las Calveras 2015? I preordered a case of LC50's on the strength of the 2014 version, which I loved.
I'm just not enjoying them at the moment. I've had them in the humidor for at least three or four weeks at this point and have had two or three (the most recent over this weekend) and they are just lacking in flavor and robustness at this point. I can give them more time but I feel they are a long way off from comparing to last years and that no amount of time is going to get them close.

Any thoughts here? Anybody in the same boat? I know wisdom says to wait but ROTT should still be worth lighting.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
How are you guys enjoying your Las Calveras 2015? I preordered a case of LC50's on the strength of the 2014 version, which I loved.
I'm just not enjoying them at the moment. I've had them in the humidor for at least three or four weeks at this point and have had two or three (the most recent over this weekend) and they are just lacking in flavor and robustness at this point. I can give them more time but I feel they are a long way off from comparing to last years and that no amount of time is going to get them close.

Any thoughts here? Anybody in the same boat? I know wisdom says to wait but ROTT should still be worth lighting.
Don't compare them to last years, it's a whole different blend. They'll never be as strong or full as the '14, the blend is meant to be a different experience.

I like the '15 blend a lot, but I also prefer more medium sticks right now.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I share the same sentiment as StogieNinja.. This is a different blend that was never meant to be similar to the 2014 LC. I felt as though ROTT these did not smoke that great but after a few weeks I feel as though they started to smoke better (at least to my palette). Maybe just forget about them right now and don't worry about it! Then again, maybe they're just not your thing, which is okay too. ;-)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't compare them to last years, it's a whole different blend. They'll never be as strong or full as the '14, the blend is meant to be a different experience.

I like the '15 blend a lot, but I also prefer more medium sticks right now.
Not comparing it to 14' for taste, just for greatness. The 14' was a great cigar. The 15' by comparison and perhaps still to early to tell, is just not very good IMHO.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I have smoked three of them now and I am convinced that while they do not compare to the 2014 (they were not supposed to) they are damn fine smokes. So much so, that I have placed a box into hibernation based on the first two of a fiver smoked 30 days apart.

Shrody234

Jimmy
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
@midcont Honestly I've been a little disappointed by the '15s, too. I think it will be a great cigar, just not yet. IMO they need more rest. I've had about 4-5 so far and they got a little better each time, but there was more to be desired. I had high expectations (and still do), but I'm letting them sleep for atleast another 6 months.