What's new

Late night smoking and discussion thread

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I often stay up late. A big part of my work centers on writing and late nights work out for me well. I've also noticed many other brothers on here late at night, but it seems like there is no central location for us to gather and discuss our love of the leaf. So I decided to create this thread. Right now, I'm finishing up a nice Boli PC from 2016 and hoping that you guys like this thread. Hope to see some of you here during my late night cigar excursions.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I was smoking a cigar in my backyard last night when you posted this. Wish I had seen it. I get home from work around 11:30 to midnight most nights. I’m new to cigars but I’m learning that smoking one at night when I get home, with my wife already asleep, is a great time to unwind and light one up with an adult beverage. Hope this thread catches on. I’ll be sure to post in it in the future.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It is almost 11:30 central time now; on the last third of a JO WF Lancero. It is funny, I grew up in the Central Time Zone, but lived for years in the Eastern Time Zone. I miss the pizza and Italian food up there, but while there I missed the catfish and bbq in the south. I grew up an hour from Memphis where BBQ was all about the pork, but here in Texas the brisket is amazing! While I also love Carolina and St. Louis Q, Memphis takes the cake on dry ribs and Abe's in Clarksdale, MS, at the crossroads of 49 and 61 (where Robert Johnson sold his soul to play the blues) takes the cake on pulled pork.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You’re making me hungry for some good bbq brother. Just finishing a Mr. Brownstone Habano. Going to hit a dive bar with some friends then have a Flor de las Antilles Madura later tonight. I’m on the west coast.
You guys rock on the West Coast; if we leave San Antonio, the West Coast is the only acceptable place in the USA for us to move, Mrs. Corojo and I are in agreement on this. I've spent some time in L.A. and San Diego. I'm doing a couple of talks in San Francisco this November. I've had good bbq beef ribs out there as well! Although, the Texas brothers that I was traveling with had their own opinions about that. Enjoy brother!
Here is a bit of Howlin Wolf to aid in said enjoyment:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I’ve got family in San Antonio and have visited a few times, loved it although we went both times in August when it was a wee bit hot and humid, lol. Time to fire up our next cigar. Gonna pair mine with an Alesmith Speedway Stout, probably my favorite stout. Cheers brother.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hi Brothers, I hope everyone is doing well this Sunday night. I'm finishing a Man O' War Special Edition Figurado. I really like these smokes, nice vanilla and nutmeg flavors, excellent burn, lots of smoke.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I was smoking a cigar in my backyard last night when you posted this. Wish I had seen it. I get home from work around 11:30 to midnight most nights. I’m new to cigars but I’m learning that smoking one at night when I get home, with my wife already asleep, is a great time to unwind and light one up with an adult beverage. Hope this thread catches on. I’ll be sure to post in it in the future.
This was me for a while when i joined here. Its was not so great for me after a while missing out on family time. Hopefully it works out for you.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hi Brothers, Carpe noctem, great things happening in my life professionally. So I wanted to celebrate with a nice JO! Custom WF Lancero tonight; just finished it. Hope you are all well. It looks like I will spend much of my late nights this weekend trying to complete a manuscript for publication, woo hoo! I really do love marathon writing binges complete with coffee and several cigars. I sort of got much of my approach for getting writing done from Jack Kerouac. Any Kerouac fans on this board? He would engage in these manic, frenzied, episodes of writing. I read a lot of Kerouac in my teen years and he really molded my thinking and style of writing. Sometimes this is not a good thing as I tend, as he did, to construct really long, run-on sentences. Here is something for you brothers to chew on: