What's new

L'atelier LAT54

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't a review, so much as a series of observations, as I smoked this at a B&M last night, and didn't take notes.

I was sitting in a plush leather chair, had a glass of nice rye, and a L'atelier LAT54. I'd never seen it before, but the manager at the shop highly suggested it, so i paid a bit more than I planned on, and hoped for the best.

Now, I was hesitant, at best, because the last pricey, hyped cigar I tried (Liga #9 ) was a let down. It wasn't bad, per se, just sorta...meh....

Anyways, i clipped it, took a cold draw, and got a honeyed, black tea flavor. Upon lighting it, i was smacked with loads of deep, sweet and savory flavors; tea, vanilla, cedar, cinnamon, clove....Wonderful

Unfortunately, I think it was a little overhumidified, and had burn issues throughout. It also got fairly harsh in the last third, again i suspect because of the RH. Nothing a week in my humi wouldn't fix, but it'll be a few weeks before i can consider spending the cash on more!

Anyways, from what I tried, and what i've read, I really want to get my paws on more of these!! I was really blown away! :grin:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
dude, close enough to a review for my purposes, and thanks for sharing! one of the problems with smoking AT a B&M is most of us prefer lower RH than they maintain (selling to some people who don't have humidors, and needing to err on the side of caution). glad you got a good first impression, and hope your revisit lives up to expectations. o)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the best regular production cigars on the market and one of my favorite PJ blends. I'm really looking forward to the 46 soon as anything over 50 isn't enjoyable for me anymore.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
One of the best regular production cigars on the market and one of my favorite PJ blends. I'm really looking forward to the 46 soon as anything over 50 isn't enjoyable for me anymore.
I liked the 46 many times better than the other ones. 50s etc., were too mild for me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm bumming about the 46 release. It's debuting at the federal cigar bday bash, 5 min from my house, and I'll be at work all day :cry: I'm hoping theres some left over when I get a chance to stop in...though I may try to show up at 10, before my train to try and snag one!

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I like the flavor profile, but like you I had burning issues. In my case, my B&M usually have cigars on lower RH than normal....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I'm bumming about the 46 release. It's debuting at the federal cigar bday bash, 5 min from my house, and I'll be at work all day :cry: I'm hoping theres some left over when I get a chance to stop in...though I may try to show up at 10, before my train to try and snag one!
It's not a limited run cigar, it's going to be regular production, just limited at first being the quantities shipped will be low.

Federal gets shipped first, for their event and more shops shortly after.

I wouldn't cry just yet broseph.

I will agree though, that LAT sticks are awesome and are part of my regular rotation now along with the Tramp Stamp.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a limited run cigar, it's going to be regular production, just limited at first being the quantities shipped will be low.

Federal gets shipped first, for their event and more shops shortly after.

I wouldn't cry just yet broseph.

I will agree though, that LAT sticks are awesome and are part of my regular rotation now along with the Tramp Stamp.
Good call...For some reason, I thought this was going to be a short run, or one off...