Latest cigar club arrivals.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Cancelled my Smoke Inn membership and thought I’d give Stogiebird a try. They definitely go all in for packaging but some interesting smokes too.

View attachment 163723View attachment 163724View attachment 163725View attachment 163726View attachment 163727
You definitely aren't kidding about the packaging, that's for sure.
Will have to look into them also.

Just so many cotm's to choose from and so many members using different ones, it's difficult to decide which to choose.

I kind would prefer a cotm from a specific maker that I enjoy, so I know that I will always like what I get vs getting a mix of different marcas.

Anyone able to provide a short list of makers with cotm's?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You definitely aren't kidding about the packaging, that's for sure.
Will have to look into them also.

Just so many cotm's to choose from and so many members using different ones, it's difficult to decide which to choose.

I kind would prefer a cotm from a specific maker that I enjoy, so I know that I will always like what I get vs getting a mix of different marcas.

Anyone able to provide a short list of makers with cotm's?

If you are that concerned about getting specific cigars I don’t think a cotm is for you. It kind of defeats the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hmmm...
Excellent point.
Will definitely have to do some pondering on this.

Just afraid of getting crappy smokes at $40+ a month

The major hitters are not going to send bad smokes. The consumers signing up for COTM clubs are generally people that have a fair amount of knowledge on cigars. So that business plan would never work. The fun thing about COTM is the surprise and trying different stuff. I have found that it is a good value for sticks as well. If the surprise and variety piece appeals to you, you will enjoy it. If not, you would be happier picking out your own samplers.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The major hitters are not going to send bad smokes. The consumers signing up for COTM clubs are generally people that have a fair amount of knowledge on cigars. So that business plan would never work. The fun thing about COTM is the surprise and trying different stuff. I have found that it is a good value for sticks as well. If the surprise and variety piece appeals to you, you will enjoy it. If not, you would be happier picking out your own samplers.

I do getting surprise packages of smokes and have done some blind trades for exactly that reason.

Also I definitely put a very high value on variety.
With my current stock of cc's and nc's, I have enough variety to not smoke the same Cigar twice in 2 months at least

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are playing with house money then. No chance that you don’t enjoy it! You Can’t miss with cigar and pipes. It’s a sure bet IMO!

I've seen cigar and pipes mentioned by a number of people, so they are bookmarked for consideration with multiple others that seem popular also

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Back about 10 years ago I was a member of the now defunct "Connoisseurs Club " by Arturo Fuente and JC Newman and always enjoyed what I got, and since I really enjoyed pretty much everything both produced that I had tried, I always knew I'd be happy.

Actually even still have the tshirt they sent me and wear it often, lol

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picking out my own "samplers" is always so stressful because I always end up just buying more of my favorites. The process starts out as "I need to try some new stuff" and ends with "I probably need more Fuentes...".
Lol.
I definitely don't have that problem, especially with nc's since there are so many, and singles are easy to find.

My nc orders are usually about 30 different, new to me singles

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Cancelled my Smoke Inn membership and thought I’d give Stogiebird a try. They definitely go all in for packaging but some interesting smokes too.

View attachment 163723View attachment 163724View attachment 163725View attachment 163726View attachment 163727
I believe Sam Leccia is either the owner or some how involved with Stogie Bird. He blended the Cain and Nub lines for Oliva before starting his own brand. His Black and White cigars were pretty dang good. I would trust him to pick smokes.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Really just too many choices and almost all are the same price for the same number of cigars, so I can't really even use price to thin out the choices.

Plus, everyone seems quite happy with their personal choices, and people are using so many different ones.

Should just write them all on a piece of paper and blindly point to one and go with it, lol

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

My first month of Small Batch $30 COTM. sorry for the bad photo quality I’m on mobile and have shit lighting, I’ll list em as well in case it’s hard to read

For $30 shipped I got:
J. London Gold Series Queen’s Guard 4 1/2 x 38 msrp $5
Cavalier Geneve Limited Edition 2021 6 x 54 msrp $12
Warped Flor del Valle Cristales 6 x 42 msrp $11 ish
Dissident Soap Box petite corona 4 3/4 x 46 msrp $8

Total msrp value $36 shipped to my door. Pleased so far, haven’t had any of these before, gonna give it 3 months before making a final judgement on the COTM!