What's new

LCDH in Grand Cayman VS. Cancun

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Does anyone have any idea if the prices at LCDH in Cancun would generally be in line with the one in Grand Cayman? I read the thread on the Cancun location but didn't want to hijack that thread with this question. I will be in Grand Cayman in June and just wanted to know if I have to sell a kidney to pick up some good sticks for the cruise back.

Just to make clear, I am not going to bring anything back. Everything I buy will be enjoyed on the balcony of my cabin on the way back to port.

Last edited:

darkman

BoM May '10
Rating - 100%
358   0   0
Prices are pretty high in GC, but they had some rare stuff when I was there last. Generally speaking, the taxes in GC are ballpark 100% iirc. But the shop is worth a visit.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Go in there and walk around for a while, check box codes, take in everything that is that store. Then after you're done looking around and drooling, start making your choices. If not, you will start grabbing and grabbing and grabbing, lol. At least, that's how I operate, heh.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Go in there and walk around for a while, check box codes, take in everything that is that store. Then after you're done looking around and drooling, start making your choices. If not, you will start grabbing and grabbing and grabbing, lol. At least, that's how I operate, heh.
Great advice, that is exactly what I would have done too. Sometimes my ADD kicks in when I get in cigar B&M. The proverbial "kid in a candy store".

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I usually have a priority list and prices. I usually start with cigars that are normally more difficult to find or are a hassle to get. Then I go down the list as to what I enjoy the most, what I'm missing in the collection, aging potential, etc. Finally...how much room do I have in my luggage! ; )

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Been to both places many times and they know they can charge 'tourista' prices and get away with it....people on vacation tend to have tons of disposable income to throw around as we all know. There are other ways to get much better pricing and I just don't buy CC's on the islands anymore because they want above sticker pricing.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Been to both places many times and they know they can charge 'tourista' prices and get away with it....people on vacation tend to have tons of disposable income to throw around as we all know. There are other ways to get much better pricing and I just don't buy CC's on the islands anymore because they want above sticker pricing.
Yeah, I pretty much accept that going in. I haven't been in the cigar game very long, and while I have been given what were supposedly CCs, I really don't know for sure that they were real. So, I want to make sure that I get a sampling of the genuine article before I decide whether I want to pursue it further. So I am putting in some time studying box codes and labels so I lessen the chance that I get taken. The advice I received on this thread to take my time and check everything first is spot for me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I visited the one in GC and one in Cozumel which is fairly easy to get to from Cancun. At any rate, I like the LCDH in GC more than the one in COZ. I think the prices were slightly better and he did have some HTF sticks and he would also sell singles. The one in Cozumel was more expensive than what I am used to and everything had to be bought by petaca or box.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
"""and while I have been given what were supposedly CCs, I really don't know for sure that they were real. So, I want to make sure that I get a sampling of the genuine article before I decide whether I want to pursue it further. So I am putting in some time studying box codes and labels so I lessen the chance that I get taken."""

Stop studying boxes and study the cigars.Cuban sticks do not taste like other sticks,and you will know it when you smoke one.If you cannot tell the difference,you can stop studying and take up a new hobby........

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"""and while I have been given what were supposedly CCs, I really don't know for sure that they were real. So, I want to make sure that I get a sampling of the genuine article before I decide whether I want to pursue it further. So I am putting in some time studying box codes and labels so I lessen the chance that I get taken."""

Stop studying boxes and study the cigars.Cuban sticks do not taste like other sticks,and you will know it when you smoke one.If you cannot tell the difference,you can stop studying and take up a new hobby........
Hi James Suckling didn't know you were a member, I feel better with the experts here

owensaz

Pallabra. (Word.)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

On a roll today, Brotha

Rating - 100%
28   0   0

You can chill out, this isn't how we respond on this forum. There are other cigar forums out there that practice these sort of replies, the meaner/snide/snarky the better, but we are BROTHERS of the leaf. You joined up in '09, you know that.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0

While I appreciatete the advice, I think I will stick with this "hobby". If that is okay with you that is.

Rating - 98.6%
98   1   0
While I appreciatete the advice, I think I will stick with this "hobby". If that is okay with you that is.
Are you trying to tell me that you're not going to follow the sage advice of a BOTL of three years with a whopping 50+ posts?! If ever there was a resounding voice of the masses, this is it! I hear underwater basket weaving is making a comeback, maybe you should give that a try...

Do whatever the hell you want brother, and enjoy yourself while doing it. No permission needed, because this guy will be the first to tell you that he ain't yo daddy, right?

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Are you trying to tell me that you're not going to follow the sage advice of a BOTL of three years with a whopping 50+ posts?! If ever there was a resounding voice of the masses, this is it! I hear underwater basket weaving is making a comeback, maybe you should give that a try...

Do whatever the hell you want brother, and enjoy yourself while doing it. No permission needed, because this guy will be the first to tell you that he ain't yo daddy, right?
HAHA..you got that right brother. I took underwater basket weaving in college, but found that the RH level was too high for my taste.