What's new

Le Carême Belicosos Finos LE 2018

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
You know crowned heads doesn’t really blend their own stuff... more or less a retail store brand when ya get to brass tax with a marketing arm chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
You know crowned heads doesn’t really blend their own stuff... more or less a retail store brand when ya get to brass tax with a marketing arm chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah ok

No wonder @nc_6789 always buys boxes

Smoking the patina Connecticut tomorrow... hope it’s better than the habano tho :)

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
wow...and the haters bleed over from IG to BOTL now??? Really?!

For the life of me, I don't know WHY people wanna throw stones over that LE band. It is the SAME band (different date) that we used for our very first LE, i.e., Four Kicks Mule Kick LE 2012. It is an industry standard used to designate a 'Limited Edition.' Period.

As far as "Bellicoso Fino" is concerned, it is a damn VITOLA--like "robusto" or "corona gorda" or "churchill"--nothing more.

So WHY the f**K are people hating and accusing us of 'gimmickry?" Really...I'm over it. What I /thought/ was being respectful to the tradition and craft of cigar-making has only resulted in people trolling and hating on us... W T F.

Done.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0

For the life of me, I don't know WHY people wanna throw stones over that LE band. It is the SAME band (different date) that we used for our very first LE, i.e., Four Kicks Mule Kick LE 2012. It is an industry standard used to designate a 'Limited Edition.' Period.

As far as "Bellicoso Fino" is concerned, it is a damn VITOLA--like "robusto" or "corona gorda" or "churchill"--nothing more.

So WHY the f**K are people hating and accusing us of 'gimmickry?" Really...I'm over it. What I /thought/ was being respectful to the tradition and craft of cigar-making has only resulted in people trolling and hating on us... W T F.

Done.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads
Don't take it personal Jon, it's the Troll life, they can't help themselves.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I don't really think its hating, more of an observation from people who have seen the trend of it. Regius went with the corny regional USA band, some used the LE bands and others began to mark their boxes with factory month and year as well.

I mean, its kinda like a trend.. people notice it. Some people are intrigued, others arent. But yo, i wouldnt get that upset about it. People are entitled to their opinions, just like @Glassman used to say that every CC was plugged.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jon- You are that last guy in the industry that anyone should accuse of using "gimmickry". Met you at IPCPR and know what passion you put into your cigars.
And @bostoneo just because a company has someone else produce a cigar doesn't mean Crowned Heads has no involvement in the blending process. That would mean most artisanal brands are "marketing arms".

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I don't really think its hating, more of an observation from people who have seen the trend of it. Regius went with the corny regional USA band, some used the LE bands and others began to mark their boxes with factory month and year as well.

I mean, its kinda like a trend.. people notice it. Some people are intrigued, others arent. But yo, i wouldnt get that upset about it. People are entitled to their opinions, just like @Glassman used to say that every CC was plugged.
The comments and wording came across as hating and a little harsh on the ball busting. It's a thin line...
That wasn't me that had so many plugged ones, but it is an issue. I think your dry boxing must help, or you just don't require as easy a draw as I prefer.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Thin line?

oh boy.

People are expressing their opinion on a product, nothing wrong with it. #thickskin
The opinion is one thing, the presentation of it is another. There's the line. If it weren't an issue you wouldn't have been called out on it so often.
No one is gonna take well to having their new thing publicly cracked on in their promotional posts when they present it. Not the time or place to trash someone's productive efforts.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
The opinion is one thing, the presentation of it is another. There's the line. If it weren't an issue you wouldn't have been called out on it so often.
No one is gonna take well to having their new thing publicly cracked on in their promotional posts when they present it. Not the time or place to trash someone's productive efforts.
Internet isn’t for everyone. There really is no filter on the web.

One day you’ll see that... can’t cater to everyone’s sensitive side when stating an opinion.

Ive had my fare share of most lines which is why I say good things about some and awful things about others. Either way I’m a customer and I’m entitled to my honest opinion. Which I didn’t think was harsh.

Last note, remember what happened when Saka announced the $100 "unicorn"... people voiced their opinions HERE. So chill @Glassman

Last edited:

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Oh damn, forgot to say welcome lol

Look up stagnettos if you’re still there

Also, behikes are junk even if they were real
Really excited about the new qdo 54. The ring gauge is my fave

Not usually a behike guy but wife and I are renewing our vows in front of her mom in New Jersey this summer so I wanted something special for some guests
Just because you publicly trash a cigar doesn't necessarily mean you won't purchase that same cigar. You never know, Chuck may have already PM'd Jon asking when the boxes will be hitting retailers....

:)

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Kinda funny that someone would call it "'gimmicky" when CH does a limited run on a production stick in a new vitola. They have done it with the Single Action, 12HM, DS. All great blends...and I think all of them stand on their own. I love BLTC and EZ production sticks, but their limited edition stuff is gimmicky as fuck...If I could wrap a cigar in tinfoil and hang GI Joes off it to make a buck...I would. People still buy it apparently. The Le Crème blend is fantastic, so to do a short run, in a different vitola...Just doesn't seen gimmicky at all. I will gladly smoke it before assumptions are made.

But bashing a cigar that no one has smoked yet....is just funny.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Just because you publicly trash a cigar doesn't necessarily mean you won't purchase that same cigar. You never know, Chuck may have already PM'd Jon asking when the boxes will be hitting retailers....

:)
Lol, you know me. Im sure ill eventually try it. Ive tried almost everything they've released. Some were good(las mareas, Lumi) and some were bad. But i try everything at least once.

Shit, i even smoked a damn VIAJE today that @bostoneo sent me. And i hate Viaje, but i still gave it a fair chance.