What's new

Le Carême Belicosos Finos LE 2018

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I dont think having an opinion on the band and name is trolling or hating at all. I think some of the dickriders around here will automatically be dismissive of any opinion that goes against how they feel. I understand that several different companies have used the LE style band and done other things that mimic CCs, they call that paying homage to the culture. I call it unoriginal, and trying to be something you're not. Crowned Heads is certainly not the first to do it, I've seen other companies do similar things: Tatuaje has done it plenty and Warped did it recently with its "Serie Gran Reserva," not to mention the silly Regius "Exclusivo USA" band. To me, all that is jocking Cuban style hard.

As a side note, the name Belicosos Finos is not a vitola name, at least not that I've ever heard. The only cigar that uses that name, as far as I am aware, is the Bolivar Belicosos Finos. Other cigars made in the 5.5 x 52 pyramid shape are simply named belicosos, ie RyJ Belicosos, Sancho Panza Belicosos, etc. The vitola name for that size is actually Campanas.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Honestly, the only thing surprising to me in this thread is that I don't remember seeing a thread about Pete being the biggest Cuban wannabe out there. He's done way more stuff that, depending on your opinion will determine the vernacular you use, pays homage to/embraces/borrows/appropriates/dickrides Cuban style. Tatuaje is just dying to be a Cuban brand, which makes it even funnier when I've seen IG postings of Pete's throwing shade on Cubans he has smoked. Off the top of my head he's played into the CC bad construction myth and has called several different cigars disappointing, all the while yearning for the Cubans of yesteryear. Based on the vibe Pete has thrown out there, I can only imagine he's referring to the OG tobacco smokes of 96 and prior, something the overwhelming majority of people who buy his cigars have absolutely zero access to.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Honestly, the only thing surprising to me in this thread is that I don't remember seeing a thread about Pete being the biggest Cuban wannabe out there. He's done way more stuff that, depending on your opinion will determine the vernacular you use, pays homage to/embraces/borrows/appropriates/dickrides Cuban style. Tatuaje is just dying to be a Cuban brand, which makes it even funnier when I've seen IG postings of Pete's throwing shade on Cubans he has smoked. Off the top of my head he's played into the CC bad construction myth and has called several different cigars disappointing, all the while yearning for the Cubans of yesteryear. Based on the vibe Pete has thrown out there, I can only imagine he's referring to the OG tobacco smokes of 96 and prior, something the overwhelming majority of people who buy his cigars have absolutely zero access to.
PREACH!

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
But....

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
I dont think having an opinion on the band and name is trolling or hating at all. I think some of the dickriders around here will automatically be dismissive of any opinion that goes against how they feel. I understand that several different companies have used the LE style band and done other things that mimic CCs, they call that paying homage to the culture. I call it unoriginal, and trying to be something you're not. Crowned Heads is certainly not the first to do it, I've seen other companies do similar things: Tatuaje has done it plenty and Warped did it recently with its "Serie Gran Reserva," not to mention the silly Regius "Exclusivo USA" band. To me, all that is jocking Cuban style hard.

As a side note, the name Belicosos Finos is not a vitola name, at least not that I've ever heard. The only cigar that uses that name, as far as I am aware, is the Bolivar Belicosos Finos. Other cigars made in the 5.5 x 52 pyramid shape are simply named belicosos, ie RyJ Belicosos, Sancho Panza Belicosos, etc. The vitola name for that size is actually Campanas.
c8047d70789854c53ad05884292e8d71a7631edfa2ebb83a35ebafb8a17fc220.jpg

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Not quite sure how I could possibly be seen as being mad. My first post was simply a statement that opinions and viewpoints are gonna be different, and then I expressed my viewpoint briefly and pointed out that CH isn't the first to copy/embrace Cuban style. Then, I gave the facts about the vitola size. My second post was a brief discourse with a summation being: it'd odd that Huber is getting flamed, hes certainly not the first nor nearly the worst to engage in copying Cuba.

However, your meme attempting to troll me makes me assume that you have taken exception to something that I've posted (read: trigerred), so instead of being lame af, why don't you go ahead and share your clearly contrarian opinion on the matter. Quite frankly, Eric, this is the kind of shit that IMO has brought BOTL down from the once great community that it was. Gone are the days of opinion sharing and sometimes heated debate, instead it's now all about trolling and wack ass memes. Instead of being coy or attempting to be sly, please man up and participate in the topic.

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Not quite sure how I could possibly be seen as being mad. My first post was simply a statement that opinions and viewpoints are gonna be different, and then I expressed my viewpoint briefly and pointed out that CH isn't the first to copy/embrace Cuban style. Then, I gave the facts about the vitola size. My second post was a brief discourse with a summation being: it'd odd that Huber is getting flamed, hes certainly not the first nor nearly the worst to engage in copying Cuba.

However, your meme attempting to troll me makes me assume that you have taken exception to something that I've posted (read: trigerred), so instead of being lame af, why don't you go ahead and share your clearly contrarian opinion on the matter. Quite frankly, Eric, this is the kind of shit that IMO has brought BOTL down from the once great community that it was. Gone are the days of opinion sharing and sometimes heated debate, instead it's now all about trolling and wack ass memes. Instead of being coy or attempting to be sly, please man up and participate in the topic.
Not triggered in the least. On the contrary, entertained actually. While it is true I haven't been part of BOTL as long as you and therefore wouldn't have first hand knowledge of how great the community was, I will say IMO, it's keyboard commandos such as yourself and a few other pretentious brothers that keep members from being active and engaging. I for the most part, just ignore all the foolishness and spend my time trying to add value and enjoy the comradery with brothers that I feel are worth the time and effort.

Now, my meme was 100% trolling you as that's basically what you've been doing lately. e.g. your "It's official: The most asinine cigar ever released" thread. I mean come on bro, who titles a thread like that then proceeds to blast the brand because YOU think it's asinine. That's trolling 101. Then you jump on this thread and had to make two posts just to stir the pot some more. Most of your recent posts are either bashing someone here for their thoughts or opinions or bashing a brand for something you don't agree with. At least Chuck can laugh at himself for being ridiculous. But hey, at least Nic and Memsphdad will "like" all your productive posts.

I'm not being coy or attempting to by sly, so you don't have to ask me to "man up.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
@qpzmide Ah, now I see the problem isn't with my opinion or the things I said, but instead with me. Keyboard commando? That implies I wouldn't say these things to your or anyones else face. Unlike Chuck, who I understand is quite restrained and respectful in person, I will say all these things and much more. Pretentious? I'd disagree with that (you're intitled to your opinion,) but I do see a lot of dumb shit written out here and I do have a propensity to blast things I consider nonsense. I'd say that makes me an asshole and definitely a dick as well, but pretentious...not so sure on that one. However, none of those things make my assertions meritless. Most people in the community I either get along with or am at least on agreeable terms with and I don't go around haphazardly slinging shit, like you have here.

My post about the unicorn was an opinion based solely on cigars, and just because I had an issue with it, doesnt make it trolling. You see, you're one of those guys who likes to assume everything you say and think is correct and that anyone else who feels differently is out to make waves or to be difficult. Based on the amount of likes my post got, and the comments from some folks, I'm not the only one who felt that way about that particular cigar. So that was a bad a example, and quite frankly you're wrong. Moving on... As for stirring the pot...yeah I've been known to do that from time to time. My first post, certainly not; the conversation was heading in that direction and I simply added my 2 cents. The second post, yeah I can see that, but I'll stick to my opinion and I don't think I derailed the post anymore than it already had at that point.

I can see how your trolling meme is really "ignoring the foolishness" and "adding value" and not in any way being a straight up useless limp dick. I'm not brand bashing, I'm stating an opinion...thats what we're here for right? To discuss cigars...give opinions? You're reaction to my posting here today is a bit like that of a fanboi. Like many fanbois I think that you take any negative comment about a brand that you like as personal attack, which obviously isn't the case. I'm certainly not saying that you are the kind of guy who like to dress up in high heels and stockings and get kicked repeatedly in the balls while a dominatrix puts her cigarettes out on your chest. I would never say that. I would also never say that it looks like you've taken a more that a few hot loads to the face. That is the kind of talk that is just uncalled for and really taking things too far. So I wouldn't do that, or even hint at that. It would be inappropriate and would be unnecessarily provoking argument, and I wouldn't do that.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
@qpzmide
I'm certainly not saying that you are the kind of guy who like to dress up in high heels and stockings and get kicked repeatedly in the balls while a dominatrix puts her cigarettes out on your chest. I would never say that. I would also never say that it looks like you've taken a more that a few hot loads to the face. That is the kind of talk that is just uncalled for and really taking things too far. So I wouldn't do that, or even hint at that. It would be inappropriate and would be unnecessarily provoking argument, and I wouldn't do that.
I don’t really know any of you and I don’t really have any dogs in the fight, but this is really fucking douchey.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
@el_mustango Yes, I agree with you completely. It is sad...that you can't use google to figure out that these cigars haven't been released yet and don't drop until March. So no, you can't buy a fiver online yet that I know of. I imagine some places will have pre-orders available soon.

You're right, you don't know me and you have zero experience on this board. I didn't go looking for trouble so kindly stick your opinion up your fat ass.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
@el_mustango Yes, I agree with you completely. It is sad...that you can't use google to figure out that these cigars haven't been released yet and don't drop until March. So no, you can't buy a fiver online yet that I know of. I imagine some places will have pre-orders available soon.

You're right, you don't know me and you have zero experience on this board. I didn't go looking for trouble so kindly stick your opinion up your fat ass.
Lolz

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
WTF?!?

My original post: “I'm a pretty big fan of the Le Careme line from Crowned Heads, so I'm really excited about this release. If anyone knows where online I can buy a 5-er or if anyone wants to do a split, please let me know.”

32 posts later and not a single response to address my original post. Just a bunch of dudes talking a bunch of shit. It’s pretty sad.
Hahaha, oh yeah, that... I saw your post right before I left the CH roadshow last night. I went back in and asked the sales rep for you. He said they just made them available for order to the retailers yesterday, so you should see purchase availability about mid march. (y)

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0

Well damn, So, guess LMGTFY just isn't a thing anymore......?