What's new

Leaf Reviews

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had it in the Azucarado Oscuro II blend kit from WLT. Smelled good and burned well but flavor wise was dull.
Liked the corojo viso flavor and strength in the same blend better and stayed with that.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Jorge - Rollers' Choice "Viso"
www.rollerschoice.com

Smoked a purito with a few minute rest time on it. This leaf burns insanely well. Some other visos I've tried to light just will not stay lit. Flavor wheel components are wood, vegetal, mineral. These are not the things we're typically looking for in a viso leaf, which are spice, coffee, chocolate, "leather," earth, cream, "tobacco," that kind of thing.
Verdict: Don't Buy, unless you're looking for wood and mineral oil aromas instead of spice and cocoa.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Jorge - Rollers' Choice "Viso"
www.rollerschoice.com

Smoked a purito with a few minute rest time on it. This leaf burns insanely well. Some other visos I've tried to light just will not stay lit. Flavor wheel components are wood, vegetal, mineral. These are not the things we're typically looking for in a viso leaf, which are spice, coffee, chocolate, "leather," earth, cream, "tobacco," that kind of thing.
Verdict: Don't Buy, unless you're looking for wood and mineral oil aromas instead of spice and cocoa.

Secone purito from this leaf review: Excellent. Aromas: vanilla and soft black pepper. One day later this is a completely different leaf experience.
Verdict: Buy.
Thoughts?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Secone purito from this leaf review: Excellent. Aromas: vanilla and soft black pepper. One day later this is a completely different leaf experience.
Verdict: Buy.
Thoughts?
Is it possible the wood and mineral oil were from your mold, and a day later that's gone?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where to post this, but since I'm gonna say something in detail, I put it here.

The 48rg stick was rolled in June, leaves are all from LO: 3 Nic Viso, 1 Nic Seco, 1 Nic Ligero, 1 Nic binder and Mexican San Andrews wrapper. Like many commercials, it can be called a Nicaraguan puro? I have tasted LO's Nic leaves of three grade, they are identical to me in terms of flavor, but different in burning rate. This cigar was vacuum-sealed for a week, after being rolled and dried.

Nicotine level and harshness are considerably lower than those don't vacuum sealed, given the same resting time, while the flavor also faded a little bit. The cigar started right from milky chocolate and malt, with detectable sweetness. In the second third, tar came out. And in the last third, flavor mellowed back to dark chocolate. The wrapper burns well. Overall it is good for me, but not great 'cause the profile is not complex and changeable enough. Another friend smoked it, saying it's great and he nubbed it.
21232084_344142829371145_2560794133752263013_n.jpg

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not sure where to post this, but since I'm gonna say something in detail, I put it here.

The 48rg stick was rolled in June, leaves are all from LO: 3 Nic Viso, 1 Nic Seco, 1 Nic Ligero, 1 Nic binder and Mexican San Andrews wrapper. Like many commercials, it can be called a Nicaraguan puro? I have tasted LO's Nic leaves of three grade, they are identical to me in terms of flavor, but different in burning rate. This cigar was vacuum-sealed for a week, after being rolled and dried.

Nicotine level and harshness are considerably lower than those don't vacuum sealed, given the same resting time, while the flavor also faded a little bit. The cigar started right from milky chocolate and malt, with detectable sweetness. In the second third, tar came out. And in the last third, flavor mellowed back to dark chocolate. The wrapper burns well. Overall it is good for me, but not great 'cause the profile is not complex and changeable enough. Another friend smoked it, saying it's great and he nubbed it.
View attachment 101171
Nice looking stick and ash there. I've heard a similar profile described for that leaf combo before, and I got something similar myself. It is pretty one-note, though, isn't it. Surprised about your vacuum seal results, since I'd think that would prevent bad stuff from blowing off. Meanwhile I don't think it's a puro with that Mex leaf...

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Ah ok lmao, ok so ill do this, any suggestions for a wrapper guys, i do have some MSA which i like but want something different to try, can be either LO or WLT

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Looking at the Aged QB-52 Fronto Wrapper fronm LO any thoughts guys?
This is what made me eschew Leaf Only for the longest time. When I first started, I called up LO and explained my ignorance of the whole business. The LO guy recommended fronto and grabba. I had the most execrable smoking experience imaginable. Put me right off rolling. Lucky someone I told recommended WLT, or I would still be buying store sticks.