What's new

Learning Curve

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
So, all you guys that were slapping your foreheads in response to me mixing my Knob Creek and Woodford Resrve with Coke need to take note of something.

Because of my mixing the bourbons and slowly increasing the strength of the mixing of all liquors in all drinks...even the so called "bitch drinks" :grin:...my tolerance for the bite of the alchohol has increased and I am starting to actually be able to enjoy sipping straight liquors.

Shoot, I was sipping Tequila, Bourbon, and Scotch this weekend and really liked them all...even the 140 proof Stagg. :thumbsup:

Kimyounil

They call me Mike.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hmm. I might have to try that. I can't handle the drinks straight but would one day like to. Maybe I'll try that technique. Thanks!

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I would not have believed it if I would not have seen it myself.. He is telling the truth..

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Another good technique is to just have a glass of cold water along with your shots. That way you have something to cool the fire if need be - but you still get the full dose of flavor.

Also, the water helps avoid headaches and hangover.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Bacardi 151, while not very good straight, mixes well with EVERYTHING.

And I had a friend who claimed he couldn't get drunk...half a bottle of straight 151 later, he changed his tune.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Anything that might burst into flames when you smoke around it should be not be consum.... well I can't say that because there is always white lightning. If it's going to burn it might as well be pure. 180 proof or bust.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I tried that in the beginning and even that didn't help...tried adding water too.

Mixing made it easier for me to get used to the alchohol flavor...or less painful.
I got a real kick out of your mom and the Tequila. Big smiles there. That must be some awesome stuff.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Yeah, she was lovin' it.

I told her Mike left the bottle with two shots left and she literally licked her lips...without even knowing she did. :rofl:

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
How about mixing with club soda. Then you get the taste of the liquor instead of the coke which kinda overpowers it. Though I do enjoy a nice rum and coke.

Once I did Scotch and Perrier, that was pretty nice. Theres plenty of options out there. http://drinksmixer.com is probably my favorite site for cocktail recipes cause you can search by ingredients.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
You might try just sippin the stuff neat (instead of gulping) and follow Ted's advice with an iced water back. Pretty soon the water will be an after thought.