What's new

Let's see how you store your cigars.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
You're using the @Iholmes storage method with 5 fiver bags I see ...
well i've considered taking them out to just chill in the tupper....but I have all the bags marked with who bombed them to me so I can give thanks where thanks is due. If i take them out of the bags I'll never remember. I keep the tops open and there are two bovedas in there so I think they're prolly in good shape.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
well i've considered taking them out to just chill in the tupper....but I have all the bags marked with who bombed them to me so I can give thanks where thanks is due. If i take them out of the bags I'll never remember. I keep the tops open and there are two bovedas in there so I think they're prolly in good shape.
It looks good bro! Smoke them up! Not the ligas tho... Smoke the good ones. :)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This is a cool thread, don't know how I missed it before. So I started out with this a few months ago:

A typical asian made humidor with a fairly nice veneer over plywood/MDF. It was "fully lined in kiln dried spanish cedar," but being new I didn't realize that meant a paper thin layer in most cases. So I bought a bunch of 1/4 inch spanish cedar from my local Woodcraft and through cutting and gluing fully relined the interior (bottom, top, and sides) with a real amount of the stuff:

It actually had a decent enough seal before my modifications, and I don't appear to have messed it up too much. This was intended to be the humidor that I smoked from so I am using 65% Boveda. I don't have any doubles in here, I am still trying to develop my palate/tastes so it's one of each of the cigars I own, or close to it.

After I outgrew the first humidor, I had my wife buy me a "Treasure Dome" for my birthday a few months ago. This one is supposed to hold the remainder of my cigars and I am using 69% Boveda with a couple of drymistat tubes and another PG gel thing at the bottom to provide a little extra moisture as it got pretty dry here the last few weeks as the temperature dropped. I figure the PG things will just help keep the Boveda from going dry sooner, and I have 7 of them in there so I do not believe I will have a problem with excess moisture. I think I have heard that it's a bit better for aging to have the RH higher so that's why I went with the 69%:

Unfortunately the Treasure Dome is full, so I picked up a food storage container from Bed, Bath, & Beyond and threw in the tray from my first humidor with some DW to season the tray. This is going to be needed for the roughly 50 sticks from Black Friday type sales that came in this week and will need a home once I get them out of the freezer:

Sigh, I should probably go ahead and buy the cooler now.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
This is a cool thread, don't know how I missed it before. So I started out with this a few months ago:

A typical asian made humidor with a fairly nice veneer over plywood/MDF. It was "fully lined in kiln dried spanish cedar," but being new I didn't realize that meant a paper thin layer in most cases. So I bought a bunch of 1/4 inch spanish cedar from my local Woodcraft and through cutting and gluing fully relined the interior (bottom, top, and sides) with a real amount of the stuff:

It actually had a decent enough seal before my modifications, and I don't appear to have messed it up too much. This was intended to be the humidor that I smoked from so I am using 65% Boveda. I don't have any doubles in here, I am still trying to develop my palate/tastes so it's one of each of the cigars I own, or close to it.

After I outgrew the first humidor, I had my wife buy me a "Treasure Dome" for my birthday a few months ago. This one is supposed to hold the remainder of my cigars and I am using 69% Boveda with a couple of drymistat tubes and another PG gel thing at the bottom to provide a little extra moisture as it got pretty dry here the last few weeks as the temperature dropped. I figure the PG things will just help keep the Boveda from going dry sooner, and I have 7 of them in there so I do not believe I will have a problem with excess moisture. I think I have heard that it's a bit better for aging to have the RH higher so that's why I went with the 69%:

Unfortunately the Treasure Dome is full, so I picked up a food storage container from Bed, Bath, & Beyond and threw in the tray from my first humidor with some DW to season the tray. This is going to be needed for the roughly 50 sticks from Black Friday type sales that came in this week and will need a home once I get them out of the freezer:

Sigh, I should probably go ahead and buy the cooler now.
Lol just buy a really big cooler ( say 120qt) and use it for the majority of your sticks but could keep the small one for you daily stuff. Or buy a few wineadors like me! Lol can find them cheap on scratch and dent sites.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Took an old bookcase sanded it down and then used a black stain on it. Currently holding my 100 ct and 200 ct and plastic humi on the bottom and accessories.

Now to maybe get some cigar art to display on the top or just but Liquor on it.

This is much better than it all sitting in a pile on the floor. Plus the wife is happy with this setup.

Original Padilla Miami box holding accessories not in use or at least the ones I do not have on me. (the box was my first box purchase)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My girlfriend got me a monster sized humidor for Christmas. Currently being seasoned. Going to gut those humidifiers and throw some beads in there. That's an iPad Mini for size reference.

View attachment 74911 View attachment 74912
The Salvador works well, the lock breaks, I broke rwo. The large heartfelt beads tubes, 2 of them, work well. I used the 4pack boveda cedar trays, two of them, so eight packs and was the easiest to maintain that way. It reduces top tray storage but the thing is a beast. I don't use mine any more but did for a few years