What's new

Let's see how you store your cigars.

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
☝
I have a hutch that I thought about turning into storage. The doors don't seal tight. Does that matter? Will beads be able to keep the RH regulated?
I just converted a hutch myself. I went to Home Depot and got foam rubber weatherstripping to seal the doors. Easiest thing I've ever done. Now it's sealed up tight.

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0

Switched into this guy after moving into the apt. Wooden desktop cabinet wasn't holding rH that well and I'm guessing it's cuz we're in a basement apt that's air sucks balls and will hopefully change once the weather stops acting so crazy in NJ

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Found this little guy at the pawn shop and for $15 I couldn't lose. Made a temp shelf for it. Already looking for a larger cooler.

Plastic ammo cans for overflow...

A couple of the cheap Chinese ones. Still trying to find good source for 3/8-1/2 cedar for a custom presentation box. There is only one local place and they are pretty spendy and not a lot to choose from.

Attachments

Last edited:

TommyZ

Retired VCR Salesman
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Found this little guy at the pawn shop and for $15 I couldn't loss. Made a temp shelf for it. Already looking for a larger cooler.
View media item 48047View media item 48046Plastic ammo cans for overflow...
View media item 48048View media item 48049A couple of the cheap Chinese ones. Still trying to find good source for 3/8-1/2 cedar for a custom presentation box. There is only one local place and they are pretty speedy and not a lot to choose from.
Pics aren't working for me

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

A 1.3 gallon (5.0L) Sistema "Klip It" container with rubber gasket and clasps on each side. It holds about seventy sticks and still slides under the hutch in the bedroom. So, I maintain a pretty consistent 65% and 70 degrees while keeping them in the dark.