What's new

Lets See Your Rare Cigars

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Dang, wish I could throw down on some of these. I did just win a bet and he owes me $25+ stick of his choice. Look forward to that arrival!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I appreciate that!

The Daniel Marshalls I got at Cigar Cathedral in Florida last week. The Fuente Pink at the cigar shop in LBI, NJ (we buy a lot from him, so he allowed me to buy 2 boxes). Purple Rain and the BBMF I got a few years ago from a cigar shop in CA (Palm Desert Tobacco, not sure if they are even still open). The Davidoff's I got from JR Cigar/Montecristo Lounge in NJ.

When I see rare cigars, I try and buy them all.

I just also recently purchased from JR Cigars, these.
Partagas 160 Signature
Partagas Decades Reserve 1998

Last week I was at Davidoff of Tampa, well now knows as Corona Cigars and they have a few pre-Castro Cubans there, $300-400 a stick. However, they also had, pre-Castro Cuban Davidoff's for $1500 a stock. In my 44 years on this earth, I have only ever seen Cuban Davidoff's 2 times, once at Corona Cigar last week and once in Tokyo, Japan at a cigar shop (where I begged him to sell me some, but they were only for members).

I have more cigars that are somewhat rare in the humidor, I'll take some more photos.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Opus and other Fuente cigars do not seem to be rare anymore, just expensive. Seems if you got the money you can find them and buy them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CAJoe, I don't disagree that they are often expensive (if you don't know where to get them at or very near MSRP) but with all due respect the ones in that last pic were pretty hard for me to find particularly if you like to buy them by the box. If you know where I can buy rare pinks in the sophisticated hooker size, I would sincerely appreciate it if you would let me know because they happen to be my favorite cigar at the moment and it has taken me more than 2 years to obtain the ones I have. They only come out once per year in October for breast cancer awareness month. Most places limit you to 1 or 2 per person. That is the ultimate equalizer so that it matters not how much money you are willing to spend. What about the Big B cigar at the front? Nobody has those except maybe one online retailer I saw selling for several times retail (no thank you). Other than the 2023 release, the Big B has not been offered since 2013 - quite rare I do believe.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
CAJoe, I don't disagree that they are often expensive (if you don't know where to get them at or very near MSRP) but with all due respect the ones in that last pic were pretty hard for me to find particularly if you like to buy them by the box. If you know where I can buy rare pinks in the sophisticated hooker size, I would sincerely appreciate it if you would let me know because they happen to be my favorite cigar at the moment and it has taken me more than 2 years to obtain the ones I have. They only come out once per year in October for breast cancer awareness month. Most places limit you to 1 or 2 per person. That is the ultimate equalizer so that it matters not how much money you are willing to spend. What about the Big B cigar at the front? Nobody has those except maybe one online retailer I saw selling for several times retail (no thank you). Other than the 2023 release, the Big B has not been offered since 2013 - quite rare I do believe.
First link on a google search:

Like I said not hard to find just expensive.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0

Fuggin ridiculously priced, LOL. You can get them a lot cheaper on Wade's site (OLH) but overall way more than I would pay... Just saying.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You did not say "hard to find", you said "rare". Very different meanings. How many places have these available besides that one for CRAZY money? If the majority of the major retailers have them at or close to MSRP, then yes they could not be considered rare but if only a select few stores at best have them and they are priced FAR above MSRP due to supply and demand, wouldn't that fit the definition of "rare"?

MSRP is around $600/box. My brick and mortar sells them for $32/stick when they have them, limit of one per person. I couldn't imagine paying $95/stick or $1,900/box!