What's new

Let's Talk, BOTL and mental health

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I'm so glad to see this thread flourishing, thank you to each and every person who has participated without judgment, shared their issues without reservation, offered to help or even just chimed in with support. That was truly my intention in starting it, and it makes me so proud to be a part of this brotherhood. The fact that a thread such as this can run itself without drama or ridicule is a testament to ALL that is BOTL.

Cheers brothers.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
just wanted to bump this up. the holidays can have a lot of triggers for depression, substance issues, and you name it. in the interest of ALL OF US having a good holiday season, please reach out.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Bumping this thread again, hopefully for the sake of those who could use it more than me.

As always, a big thanks to my wonderful brothers and friends on here. I'm doing okay, which is infinitely better than the crushing feeling I was expecting. The holidays combined with my return to this giant, empty apartment were pretty hard. But, many of you were kind enough to check in frequently over the past couple of months. That was significantly more helpful than you could ever imagine.

For those of you with your own problems going on, don't hesitate to reach out to the wonderful group of people here. You can certainly PM me, call, text, email, whatever. A little help is never a bad thing, and I hope you can unload a bit of your burden onto somebody else's shoulders.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
I just found this thread because of the pump. I knew this was a classy crew, but the botl is salt of the earth for having a thriving thread for this. Good dudes all around. I'm subscribing to this thread and will also be an ear for anyone who ever needs it.

As for my personal problems, I spilled it all out in my contest thread a few weeks ago so no need to redo it all. But I could use some good vibes over the next week or so. I'm either going to land a job that is life changing or I'm going to be on the road away from family A LOT (6 days per week). I'm the only person who has interviewed for the position and I am 1000% sure they can't find anyone more qualified for various reasons. But you never know til you know.

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
I'm doing okay, which is infinitely better than the crushing feeling I was expecting.
So glad to hear things are moving in the right direction. Life throws weird curves at us, but in the end they do make us stronger. Stay strong!

But I could use some good vibes over the next week or so.
You have certainly gone through a lot as of late. Just know that we are keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers! Glad to hear that work might be moving in a better direction, even if it is not your dream job! We all do the things we have to, to provide for our families.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
She's only been alive for eight weeks. She's been fussing for four hours.

And thank you gentlemen for your PMs.

Rob, I did the leg bicycle and she pooped. Then continued to fuss. But one problem down! Woot brotherhood!

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
honestly man, my offer wasnt false. you need me just send a message. it gets that bad you can have my cell #. if i dont know the answer ill ask the woman. we just went through all of it.

just remember golden rule. sleep when baby sleeps

Rating - 100%
151   0   0
This may sound strange but my son loved the sound of a dirt devil. When he fussed for a long time we would turn that on and it soothed him and stopped the crying.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is amazing. I'm new here and I been reading through this. It's amazing how you guys truly are brothers here. I hope I can bring that to the table as well. Depression runs well in my family on my mother's side. I've had depression for several several years. A couple years ago it started getting bad. I was lowest of lows and I refused to speak to anyone. I isolated myself from everyone and it started getting to me but that's the way I wanted it. I started getting suicidal. I had the gun in my hand a few times. That feeling is something you never forget and never want to experience again. For me I didn't want to but I didn't want to deal with anything anymore. It was like two people in one fighting each other every time the gun was in my hand. I finally thought it was time to seek professional help and now yes I am on medication and I have learned to manage depression through various activities to keep my mind busy when it's rolling. I know I'm new but I want to extend my hand out as well. I've been to the lows and know how to get out. I don't ever tell anyone about how bad my depression really was but I feel like I can tell you guys because you are more than just guys on a forum. Take it from a guy who has been there. Send a PM to me if you need someone or anything. Seriously.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Welcome Jtone and it is amazing that you are willing to share your story with all of us. It is good to hear that you have made it work and found yourself the help needed and I hope that it has helped and you have been able to learn and grow from it.

We are all truly brothers this isn't just a forum this is actually home to the most salt of the earth ppl I have ever met. I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Cheers,
JM

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0

Rob, I did the leg bicycle and she pooped. Then continued to fuss. But one problem down! Woot brotherhood!
A little late on seeing this. How did everything work out?
-father of 3 girls here. Currently going through a divorce.
Don't be afraid to message me with questions as well

Rating - 100%
47   0   0

Evil fussy baby but thanks to help and support from brothers. I endured. Now to survive tonight lmao

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0

Evil fussy baby but thanks to help and support from brothers. I endured. Now to survive tonight lmao
Good luck brother! How old is she?

Rating - 100%
47   0   0

Good luck brother! How old is she?
7.5 weeks.