What's new

Let's Talk, BOTL and mental health

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Hey guys, Had an AWFUL round with the booze and pills the last couple months. I am 2 weeks Clean and Sober today. and feeling much MUCH better. I have been in and out of 12 step programs the last 5-6 years and HOPEFULLY this is my last time testing the waters. Very scary stuff, but I see changes in myself and the world around me with only these 2 weeks. I feel very humble and have a new found healthy respect for the junk and the drink. I have been hitting 2 meetings a day for the most part and keeping in touch with people in the program pretty regularly. I got a DUI Sunday before memorial day and got to visit the Phoenix jail. That was fun. All is well in my world today and I will continue my efforts. If I have come into contact with you within the last 6 weeks or so, in person or on here I apologize if I said or made an ass of myself. The last 2 weeks or so I was pretty blacked out and have a very vague if any recollection of anything I said or did. Hope everybody is well and I appreciate those of you who reached out.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey guys, Had an AWFUL round with the booze and pills the last couple months. I am 2 weeks Clean and Sober today. and feeling much MUCH better. I have been in and out of 12 step programs the last 5-6 years and HOPEFULLY this is my last time testing the waters. Very scary stuff, but I see changes in myself and the world around me with only these 2 weeks. I feel very humble and have a new found healthy respect for the junk and the drink. I have been hitting 2 meetings a day for the most part and keeping in touch with people in the program pretty regularly. I got a DUI Sunday before memorial day and got to visit the Phoenix jail. That was fun. All is well in my world today and I will continue my efforts. If I have come into contact with you within the last 6 weeks or so, in person or on here I apologize if I said or made an ass of myself. The last 2 weeks or so I was pretty blacked out and have a very vague if any recollection of anything I said or did. Hope everybody is well and I appreciate those of you who reached out.
Well Anthony thank you for letting us know. Just know that we are all here for you no matter how rough the path gets. I know it's easy to say it but I have to admit that this brotherhood holds all it's members very close to their hearts. If you ever need to talk feel free to post up there are always ppl on but if dont feel being public is the way to go there are a number of us myself included that you could PM and we will gladly chat it up with you.

May god bless you and grant you the strength to make it through this tough time.

Much love
Jonathan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
^ congrats on your two weeks bro. They are the hardest for sure...If you ever want to chat or talk hit me up. 13 years for this guy :). Normally I keep my anonymity very close to the vest but here I am willing to take a step out on the limb if it means ever helping someone.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Congrats on your two weeks! They really are the worst. I have 10 years here and don't mind talking if anyone needs it...

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Found a story on CNN today that made me think of this thread. They profiled Martin Manley, a sportswriter from Kansas City who committed suicide on his 60th birthday recently.

Mr. Manley meticulously chronicled every aspect of his life, up to and including his thoughts about and eventual decision to take his own life on a website, which he set up to publish after his death. I found it a very interesting read, and thought it may have a place here.

I hope everyone is well.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Brothers & Sisters,

Thank you for this thread. I'll also offer my ear and help to anyone who needs it. I had a 12 year battle with depression, anxiety, and OCD. Along the way were inpatient treatment, suicidal thoughts, and electro convulsive therapy. My wife kept me from giving up, with the help of some very talented doctors. It has been 7 years since my last major depressive episode, and although I still have some issues from time to time, they are manageable. I am glad people are willing to speak out. Awareness is critical. Thanks for such a caring community.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
So I'm staying clean and sober, working out here in ND it proves to be difficult at times, especially when your stuck in your own head. Trying my best one day at a time.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So I'm staying clean and sober, working out here in ND it proves to be difficult at times, especially when your stuck in your own head. Trying my best one day at a time.
It's good to hear your fighting brother just know you can always be open with us. We are here for you.

Working out most definitely helps out in that regard that's for sure. Keep up the solid work.

Rating - 95.5%
24   1   0
14yrs. Sober. Hardest part was admitting it. I think the depression comes with the drinking.for me getting involved in the group of my choice (AA) helps soooo much. It's fuckin' miserable being stuck in my own head. Talking to someone who has been through it helps alot. I don't like to force feed anyone sobriety, if people want it I love to help out. Even if its just listening.i was told pain is growth. I hated hearing that and still do. But it's true. If anyone ever wants to talk I'm here constantly. Have a great day.
P.S. I don't regret 1 day of my drinking. It was loads of fun.
I stopped so I could be a good husband and Dad. I hope I'm succeeding.