What's new

Let's talk credit, credit cards, and rewards!

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Chase UR is the way to go. Costco card sucks for travel rewards, just a little bit of cash back. I’d say get a hotel card such as Marriott or Hilton, or get another Chase card to piggyback and diversify spending.

Google “Chase Trifecta” and it’ll give you some insight - this is essentially what I do. Just took a trip to Korea and it was all paid for except $500-ish in food and such.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don’t travel much, so those airline/hotel cards don’t do much for me, but I rack up major cash running near everything through my Citi DoubleCash. Paid off every month, every time, I usually generate $1800-$2,000/year in cash back. Lately been buying a fair amount of high dollar things, so adding back up even faster. I use the cash back when I hit an inordinately high month (or a bunch of things hit together), at Christmas, or if I want to be a little frivolous and want the feeling of “found money”.

Given what I can only imagine are high fees on these high rewards cards, it’s amazing to me that luxury retailers don’t offer more cash discounts. I bought three nice watches in the past year, and in each case got a nice discount, but there was nothing else in the offing if I offered cash. So I charged it and racked up hundreds in cash back....I would have been just as content to wire funds and reduce the price 2%.....oh well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Chase UR is the way to go. Costco card sucks for travel rewards, just a little bit of cash back. I’d say get a hotel card such as Marriott or Hilton, or get another Chase card to piggyback and diversify spending.

Google “Chase Trifecta” and it’ll give you some insight - this is essentially what I do. Just took a trip to Korea and it was all paid for except $500-ish in food and such.
Thanks...never heard of the Chase Trifecta. Love my Sapphire Preferred and it great for points while on the road working. And the Freedom Unlimited has been great for everything else. But that Ink card looks perfect for a new company card. Great rewards for fuel and hotels.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Thanks...never heard of the Chase Trifecta. Love my Sapphire Preferred and it great for points while on the road working. And the Freedom Unlimited has been great for everything else. But that Ink card looks perfect for a new company card. Great rewards for fuel and hotels.
I used to have the Preferred as well, great card. I’ve since bumped up to the Reserve, which once you add the travel credit, is a great value.

Let me know if you’re gong to apply and I can send over a referral for the Ink Business bud.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Been a couple of years since I posted on this......since I have a Hilton Amex they made me an offer for 150,000 points if I were to spend $3000....which I will because I need to purchase a new water heater in our rental ( $2000 ) plus we need some small repairs ( $1000 ) so that adds up to the mandatory amount to get all those points. 150,000 is good for at least a free week at any Hilton where if we paid out of pocket would be over $250 per night. Here's where it gets better.....I can write off the $3000 on my taxes and when I book 4 nights I get the 5th night FREE....it's all about strategy and using points for different things....Hotel, Cruises, Car Rentals, etc. We just booked a week through points at Embassy Suites in Myrtle Beach on Points ( stayed here before and it's great..usually a $260 per night if you pay out of pocket )....another CARD paid for our car rental for a week which is a Luxury Vehicle ( Mercedes thru SIXT )

There are so many ways to get FREE stuff thru CC's.....there are online Clubs that help members strategize as to what card is best for benefits and like I said years ago....I've yet to pay for any travels out of pocket and that includes TransAtlantic Cruises, Flights to Europe or Domestic and we get FREE points annually and can make purchases at a discount on Airline points....like Southwest will let me take off about 50% and I've accumulated enough points for the next 4 years to fly anywhere they go....including the Caribbean ( wife has her own card and points so at this point we nearly have 300K points combined...average flight costs about 18000 points each way from coast to coast ......depending when you choose to fly and some fares are more....some less. I've flown from Atlanta to LAX for 13000 points each way just as an example. last year we did a 21 day Cruise on Princess ( TA in a balcony cabin one way and then flew back from Venice one way FREE......total cost for this....on points....FREE! Had we chose to pay cash it would have been $6000 easy. We chose the best travel dates to spend the points and it was a trip of a lifetime......ports of call were Venice, Florence, Rome, Sicily, Greece, Croatia, Barcelona, Gibraltar, Marseille, Canne and Lisbon.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I am one of those weirdos who hasn't had a credit card in over 30 years. We don't owe anyone a nickel and we like it that way. Our bills are insurance, taxes, utilities, gas and food. We keep it pretty simple.

I find it odd that credit agencies consider us high risk because we don't play the credit game as we are very fiscally responsible. Go figure!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's refreshing to see someone who's been doing just fine without relying on credit cards. Being financially responsible and living within your means is definitely something to be proud of. Credit agencies have their own criteria, and it can be a bit frustrating when they label responsible folks like us as "high risk." But hey, as long as you're able to manage your bills and expenses without any hassle, that's what matters. By the way, if you ever decide to explore mortgage options, it might be worth consulting a Mortgage Broker in Wolverhampton. They can provide valuable insights tailored to your specific situation.