What's new

Liga price increase?

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
Looks like there has been a decent price increase on Liga with the latest shipments that are dropping. I am seeing and hearing anywhere for $1 on Rats to over $2 per stick on the corona dobles.

Has anyone else seen this?

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Looks like there has been a decent price increase on Liga with the latest shipments that are dropping. I am seeing and hearing anywhere for $1 on Rats to over $2 per stick on the corona dobles.

Has anyone else seen this?
I've seen the same thing. The latest #9 robustos that came in are $11. :(

edit - maybe even $12, I can't remember. But I do remember thinking how pricey it was.

Last edited:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
i heard somewhere that DE did a percentage price increase on most lines just before the show? 10-12% on that line would be a buck or two...

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
Thanks Tim.

I have to say this price increase troubling at the MSRP level It's pushed Liga into an Opus X price range and gives me serious pause before making any further purchases.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Wait, I thought the scrap cigars were priced at $6 to prevent a price hike on the cigars they were made from??
I thought the same thing as I read the first post "wait a minute...wasn't that the entire point of those overpriced short fillers?"

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I think they were at about the most I wanted to pay for them before the increase, kinda disappointing as I do love them but will probably cut back on purchasing especially since there are so many other great sticks for under $10 a piece

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
Tim

How does a $.50 wholesale increase translate to $2 on the larger sticks? It seems like the increases where different by line.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Zach I would like to point out that many have not only been here awhile(some since the start of the LP line) We are huge fans of JD, SS and the DE family. HOWEVER we have every ability to say AS THE consumer what WE feel is right and cost conscious for OUR pocket books. Basically I'm trying to tell you many have been on the cigar safaris, many here know how many differnt tobaccos are placed in a Undercrown, DR, Lp9 OR A T52. However we as the final consumer have the RIGHT to say wether or not a cigar is cost consciuos for US the avid cigar smoker. After all most cigar smokers in general are not shelling out 300 dollars a box for high end cigars. I believe Mikey (MTH) is basically saying for HIMSELF the DE brand is pricing themselves out of HIS humidor....... I would say I feel the same way.
Regards,
Jfire

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Zach I would like to point out that many have not only been here awhile(some since the start of the LP line) We are huge fans of JD, SS and the DE family. HOWEVER we have every ability to say AS THE consumer what WE feel is right and cost conscious for OUR pocket books. Basically I'm trying to tell you many have been on the cigar safaris, many here know how many differnt tobaccos are placed in a Undercrown, DR, Lp9 OR A T52. However we as the final consumer have the RIGHT to say wether or not a cigar is cost consciuos for US the avid cigar smoker. After all most cigar smokers in general are not shelling out 300 dollars a box for high end cigars. I believe Mikey (MTH) is basically saying for HIMSELF the DE brand is pricing themselves out of HIS humidor....... I would say I feel the same way.
Regards,
Jfire
My name is Hayden and I approve this message.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Could name half a dozen manufacturers in same area in same boat that have not raised their prices Zach. 1 I can name still has not since schip. Just saying. I don't blame him no matter what the deal is but have to agree it crossed the cusp for me too mikey. Sorry to say. Will note I am not a liga box smoker though...just a single guy.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I read about this on halfwheel before ipcpr. Something about DE having a price increase now, instead of months ago when the other manufacturers prices went up. But I'm not sure.

An LP robusto was 15 dollars here, and corona doble 19 dollars. I imagine those will go up, so it's getting pretty steep here. But a drink at a restaurant is 12+ and I drink that in a few minutes, so the cigars are still a pretty good value.

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
Zach,
Nice of you to drop your horribly formulated arguments into a thread followed by "I'm not responding anymore". Maybe next time you should start with the latter rather than the former.