What's new

Liga Privada LP L40” Review

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Drew Estate's Liga Privada LP L40”

I am very excited to share my Liga Privada LP L40” appearance with all of you. Drew Estate’s Liga Privada line has become a person favorite of mine. It is hard to match the quality, consistency and the flavor of the 9s and the T52s. The 9 pig, the Dirty Rat and the monstrous T52 Corona Doble are all current favorites of mine. I now have another to add to that list.

The set up

Appearance and Construction: 7x40, Veiny, Firm, Dark and Rich Looking

1/3 Wood, leather, nutmeg w/ very slight hints of wild berry, mild spice

2/3 Really opening up nicely, earth, lots of peat. Mild spices. Pepper on the tip of my tongue, very light and smooth. Small amount of grass, interesting bursts of spice with every puff towards the end of the 2/3.

3/3 Here comes the cream, pepper, spices, a little more pepper, tiny hints of cinnamon, lots of wonderful pepper & spices & cream start to come on, not over powering. Full favored but just the right amount of each. Still smooth.

Yes that is a golf tee. I had to get every last puff

15/16 BAM!!!! Big finish with the last few puffs PEPPER, PEPPER, PEPPER & SPICES and finally golf tee…oh wait DAMN! I am smoking the tee. Thats it boys

You guys are going to love this smoke. Great flavors start to finish. It required zero touch up and burned true all the way through. Burn time: 1hr 17min

Would I buy a box? I will buy two for starters. These will only get better with time

I did not start the beer until I was half way through the cigar. I rinsed with water after every sip and before every puff so I could give a nice review.

In case you are interested, the beer is a Deschutes Jubel Once a Decade Ale 2010. It is meant to be aged one year before drinking. I have 5 more bottles in my beer storage cooler aging. I just had to try a bottle. I also highly recommend this beer. It is one of the best ales I have ever had.

A great cigar, a great ale, a perfect night and a perfect combo.

Thanks for reading :ccowboy:

Last edited:

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Nice review CC! This really makes me want to spark mine up, but I'll probably wait for warmer weather to enjoy it

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Nice review! Thanks for sharing, CC. Looking forward to trying one of these if they get released.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Oh man. I cannot wait for these to be available. I promise a review if and when I get one/two/five/ten/a box. Love Liga Privada, love big panatelas. Any idea what the blend is like? What's the wrapper, etc.?

Thanks for the review brother. :ccowboy:

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Thanks for the review! I too cannot wait to get my hands on a couple of these to smoke and write about myself. Love liga privada

Last edited:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Very fine review and pic's Michael, thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

How would you compare it to the Dirty Ray?

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Thank you for an awesome review. You show true dedication washing your mouth out with water evertime for the review. I can't wait to find some.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Those sound fantastic... Gonna have to find some when they're released.