What's new

Liga Privada Papas Fritas

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1401826/Liga-Privada-Papas-Fritas/ ..... :frownno:

someone needs to help these people.... 5 pack of papa fritas going for 40+...:frown:
Dear Lord, why????
There are some real idiots that use that site. I won't bid after something becomes less than a stellar deal. Others seem determined to pay FAR more than full retail. I will never understand. If I have to even get close to I'm giving the money to a B&M. I wish I could message these p's of s.
I'd flame the hell out of them. I think I hate them. Is that wrong?
Its 5-Packs for $40+ not a five pack. That seems like a good deal to me, or maybe I am missing something?

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1401826/Liga-Privada-Papas-Fritas/ ..... :frownno:

someone needs to help these people.... 5 pack of papa fritas going for 40+...:frown:
Dear Lord, why????
There are some real idiots that use that site. I won't bid after something becomes less than a stellar deal. Others seem determined to pay FAR more than full retail. I will never understand. If I have to even get close to I'm giving the money to a B&M. I wish I could message these p's of s.
Its 5-Packs for $40+ not a five pack. That seems like a good deal to me, or maybe I am missing something?
I assumed it is just 5 papa fritas cuz the title is "5-Pack: Liga Privada Papas Fritas" and its in the category called "5-packs" , but tins only come with 4 sticks so maybe your right and they are getting a great deal, I'm not going to risk it though :)

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0

Dear Lord, why????
Pretty sure its $40 for 5 cigars. I don't buy from that site but if you received 5 tins at $40, kudos to you.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0

Dear Lord, why????
Pretty sure its $40 for 5 cigars. I don't buy from that site but if you received 5 tins at $40, kudos to you.
Then I stand corrected. That is quite a hefty fee for 5 of those.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I buy from cbid all the time... but I am also patient and willing to hold out for excellent deals...

I make stupidly low bids on probably 30 or 40 things a week... maybe once or twice a month Ill end up actually winning something.. but get it for a crazy low price.. at that point Ill go find a couple of other things that I can pick up at a decent deal so that I can save on the postage...

you just cant be picky with that site.. and be willing to take what you can get on a great deal... and pass on everything else..

I managed to grab a tin of CAO pipe tobacco for $4 a few weeks back..

a few weeks before that I picked up 13x AJ Fernandez Sampler Packs with 4 cigars in each... for $4 a pack...

really hard to beat deals like that..

all that said... my local B&M has the PF 4 pack for $27... which I though was too high for them... so I passed.... so there is no way in hell I am going to drop $40 at cbid for the same thing....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0

Yeah. It is only 5 cigars for $40. That is how CBid does things. People are idiots on there. I used to use it all the time, but not anymore. You can go get two 4 packs that come in the actual tins for $47 from Famous. Shipping included.
Not sure why they would pay that much but I don't think it's indicitive of how things generally are on Cbid (aka the devil site). Earlier this week I picked up a 5er of Tat Havana VI hermosos for $21, a 5er Tat Havana VI Victorias for $19 and a 5er of CyB Robustos for $23. You just have to be aware of what MSRP is and make sure you are getting a deal. Just like going to an auction in the real world you have to know what you are bidding on and not get caught up in the moment.

Back on topic...I have not had a chance to try these yet but will pick up a tin soon if I can find a deal somewhere.

Last edited:

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I've had a couple more over the past couple days, and I must say, it feels nice to smoke a Liga and not feel like you're spending your son's future tuition money. :)

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I've had a couple more over the past couple days, and I must say, it feels nice to smoke a Liga and not feel like you're spending your son's future tuition money. :)
+1. I had a chance to pick up several tins at an event recently and I've been having a hard time restraining myself. Aside from the price being relative to a pack of baitfish around here, it's nice to have a Liga flavor profile in a much smaller format; I can actually smoke one when I get off of work and it isn't pitch black outside by the time I finish. :nodlaugh:

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
They are ef'n great! If they actually get a whole lot better with age I'm getting a sex change so I can put them inside me.
Quote of the year.
Best $5 smoke I've ever had, hands down. There are alot of cigars released with much anticipation at twice the price and can't hold a candle, no, a match to the quality of this smoke.

That said, I'm glad I made that post before the end of 2012.
If I had waited till 2013 I'd have had a years worth of quotes to contend with.

&btw. You guys should sponsor my sex change operation.
I'll even let you guys slap a DE tat on my brand new snutch
My bro-in-law is a fine plastic surgeon & a I know a whippin tattoo artist here in the 504. We can get it done for a song;)

Edit: spellcheck got meh!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are ef'n great! If they actually get a whole lot better with age I'm getting a sex change so I can put them inside me.
LOL! This is the best review ever. I have just ordered a tin based solely upon this review.

Seriously, if these really can give me a short smoke that is close to a No. 9, then I will ALWAYS have some of these in my humi. Looking forward to trying these! Probably going to go out and grab one today from the B&M (if they have any) as I am impatient. Super excited that these are out now.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Red Raider, cigar.com still has them in stock I think all the site sponsors are sold out or that I have checked!
Thanks for the heads up DStan! :thumbsup:

Just ordered 2 tins :grin:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like Liga Privada cigars, I got tired of chasing them. On this, I got to the top of the list at a local B&M I split an box with someone. They arrived today, i get them on Friday. Looking forward to them. If they are anything like the #9, I'm excited.