What's new

Liga Privada Papas Fritas

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I'm keeping them in the tins for protection. With a mixed filler cigar, I'm going the extra step to ensure I don't get bits of tobacco all over.
Ahhh. Good point. That throws off my whole thinking! I am not sure I would want the cigars in the tin w/o cello on. Would the tin do something the the cigars like impart a metal flavor?
Back when I smoked Davidoff 3x3's on the golf course I found that the longer I kept them, the more they have a metallic flavor from the tube. I would leave them in the tin with cello, it wont kill the humidity. I would however take them out of the sleeve and take off the plastic wrap JMHO.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
He has been smoking them for probably over a year at this point. He had very early access to try these since he visited our factory multiple times during their development. It's not uncommon to leave with a bundle of cigars after visiting the factory, and he's been probably three times over the past year. Sorry if it annoys you, but he definitely didn't smoke 200 finished, packaged Papas Fritas. They didn't even have a name when he first smoked them. Media get special samples in every industry, that's just how it is.
I totally understand the logistics and perks and whatever, but I still feel the way I feel. I also appreciate you taking the time to explain. It's all love, and I respect DEs grind and what you all are doing. I actually have been smoking the LP line since the begining, back when it was only the No.9s in two or three vitolas. I actually met Marvin down in FL at an event (by chance) when you guys had just released a new vitola in the line. I do understand how things work and that there are stages of develpoment and people who get early access to products during said stages. It doesn't make it any less annoying though, when I try to pay for something and can't and then I read something like that.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I totally understand the logistics and I do understand how things work and that there are stages of develpoment and people who get early access to products during said stages. It doesn't make it any less annoying though, when I try to pay for something and can't and then I read something like that.
I see your point and think you have a very well thought-out and valid argument. I also share your frustrations when it comes to this HTF game, however these cigars are available now and have been since you made the first comment. A site posted several times in this very thread has them in singles, 4 packs and boxes...
If they were completely unavailable, as they probably will be soon, I'd be much more inclined to agree with you.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
He has been smoking them for probably over a year at this point. He had very early access to try these since he visited our factory multiple times during their development. It's not uncommon to leave with a bundle of cigars after visiting the factory, and he's been probably three times over the past year. Sorry if it annoys you, but he definitely didn't smoke 200 finished, packaged Papas Fritas. They didn't even have a name when he first smoked them. Media get special samples in every industry, that's just how it is.
I totally understand the logistics and perks and whatever, but I still feel the way I feel. I also appreciate you taking the time to explain. It's all love, and I respect DEs grind and what you all are doing. I actually have been smoking the LP line since the begining, back when it was only the No.9s in two or three vitolas. I actually met Marvin down in FL at an event (by chance) when you guys had just released a new vitola in the line. I do understand how things work and that there are stages of develpoment and people who get early access to products during said stages. It doesn't make it any less annoying though, when I try to pay for something and can't and then I read something like that.
I definitely understand your frustration, I've been there myself with both cigars, bourbon, and craft beer. It does suck to be left out, but these should be fairly easy to find once they are shipping regularly. They literally JUST shipped out, so they are slowly trickling into stores and onto online shops. I would say that, within the next few weeks, they will become more and more easy to find. Hope that helps man, just know that I understand your frustration (I tried to snag a few bottles of Pappy Van Winkle this year and went through the same process).

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Just smoked my first one. I have to admit, flavor wise this thing is a winner. #9 flavors all day long, IMO.

Construction wise, while it doesn't smoke like a short filler, it doesn't exactly smoke like a long filler, either. I got a few bits of tobacco in the mouth, but not nearly as bad as I expected. I didn't push it, but ash was typically 1/2-3/4 inch before I tapped it off.

Another win for LP, in my opinion.

FuenteSmoker

Il n'y a pas de fumée san
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I just pried a hidden tin from the hands of my local B&M owner..I'm about two thirds of the way through. This "short filler" cigar smokes Ike no other I've had....definitely worth the wait...very tasty!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely understand your frustration, I've been there myself with both cigars, bourbon, and craft beer. It does suck to be left out, but these should be fairly easy to find once they are shipping regularly. They literally JUST shipped out, so they are slowly trickling into stores and onto online shops. I would say that, within the next few weeks, they will become more and more easy to find. Hope that helps man, just know that I understand your frustration (I tried to snag a few bottles of Pappy Van Winkle this year and went through the same process).
Drewestate, will these be regular production like the No. 9s, or will they be released a few times a year as the trimmings become more available? I know i read the answer somewhere, but I forgot and this post has me thinking again!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Drewestate, will these be regular production like the No. 9s, or will they be released a few times a year as the trimmings become more available? I know i read the answer somewhere, but I forgot and this post has me thinking again!
AFAIK, these will be released regularly. I've never heard anything about them being limited. Don't quote me on that though. I'll find out a definite answer when I'm back in the office after the holidays.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be awesome. I picked up two tins this week, and I was wondering if I would need to go search for more before they sell out.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
They are ef'n great! If they actually get a whole lot better with age I'm getting a sex change so I can put them inside me.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
They are ef'n great! If they actually get a whole lot better with age I'm getting a sex change so I can put them inside me.
Haha lmfao I just died reading that. I wish I knew how to quote that in my signature LOL
My tin showed up today so I'm gonna wait a couple days to burn one

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1401826/Liga-Privada-Papas-Fritas/ ..... :frownno:

someone needs to help these people.... 5 pack of papa fritas going for 40+...:frown:
Dear Lord, why????
There are some real idiots that use that site. I won't bid after something becomes less than a stellar deal. Others seem determined to pay FAR more than full retail. I will never understand. If I have to even get close to I'm giving the money to a B&M. I wish I could message these p's of s.
I'd flame the hell out of them. I think I hate them. Is that wrong?