What's new

Liga Privada Scent

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
and yet, have any TASTED like that? or smelled like that while being smoked? i think drew estates well enough knows they have COMPLETELY dissimilar markets for those lines, and would not pull anything to effect their flagship product. i think that is the real question here: do they taste off, and would the affect your stash?

just asking for clarity. have none to speak of in my stash, and i am only working on conjecture, and their reputation.
Nah, I wasn't saying that they're infusing or using the same tobacco or anything, like you say, 2 completely different markets. It may just be in the air where they are. I'm really sensitive to that Patchouli type smell. Its not strong as many of you guys can't even smell it but its definitely there. I actually keep my Liga's all in a separate cooler from my other smokes. Right now I have 7 different boxes of LP9's, FP's, DR's and FFP's and they all have the same scent. These were all purchased all over the country and at different times so its not a location thing. Not a big deal at all, just wanted to see if anyone else noted this. G1

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
devil's advocate: common shipping? the roll out of the same warehousing, i would assume, and ship in common containers in many instances. just a guess.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
sniffed through some of mine. can't find even a trace of anything like that.
have you considered changing professions and becoming a bloodhound??? jk
as long as they don't taste wrong to you, maybe rebox them in another brand box and see if they change.?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I've always thought Ligas had a particular scent to them, yes. I'd not call it infused. Not sure what I'd call it, though I've definitely come to associate it with "mmmm, this is gonna be yummy!"

I think it has something to do with the oily wrapper--I got a few in a trade, and they had dried out a bit. The aroma was much diminished.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
This is a "fun response". Meant for fun only ...

1. Let me set the Stage : Two nerdy guys in white doctor outfits walking in the cobweb filled hallways of a castle somewhere in the world. One is eating a delicious chocolate bar, the other a peanut butter something or other.

2. Here are their lines : "Bently, You dropped your peanut butter in my chocolate" .... "Why no Doyle, you dropped your chocolate in my peanut butter...."

Much respect to Goalee 1 from JD in Berlin. LOL, my brother .... I was just being goofy, as I'm quite known to be from time to time to time .....

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
noticed a lot of B&Ms storing the traditional lines with infused lines in the same humidors. Hate when I see that, (even though i enjoy an infused stick once in a while) wouldn't want flavors to transfer. Maybe something similar to this could be the case.

jbizzle

jb
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've noticed this odor in every LP box, and I always think the same thing that utter smells like an acid only very subtle.

Also, it was asked 'do they taste different?' and the thread almost seemed to get a defensive tone for a second. I noticed the same thing on my undercrown wrappers thread. I think sometimes we all such loyal DE fans that we forget someone can point something out & it's not a slam, just a question.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
All I know is a bunch of bro's are now opening up their DE boxes looking for chocolate and peanut butter! :rofl: G1

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
All I know and I have 2 boxes of FFP/ 1 box L40/ 2 box No.9 robusto/1 box N0.9 toro 48ct/1 box DIRTY RAT in the humi------NONE HAVE A (ACID) SMELL......Just the same old fantastic tobacco smell and taste that has lead me to keep a constant suppy on hand.
I do not believe the enviromental polution theme as sugested in some posts - As they say on that sunday football segment........COME ON MAN!

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I can tell you that the acids are rolled, aged, banded, boxed, etc in completely different rooms than the liga privadas and other traditional cigars in the DE lineup. :thumbsup:

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I doesn't matter if they're in dif rooms. Which many of us have seen. You can smell it outside the factory:)