What's new

Liga Privada T-52 Toro: quickie review

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I wish I had the time to do a full review on these, with pics and third-by-third updates--and I promise I will once we get settled in Japan. But for now, I just had to post SOMETHING on these babies! But hey, there's nothing wrong with a quickie, right? :stretchgr

Appearance: This is the most visually appealing cigar I've ever seen, period. So dark, so oily--it looks more like it's wrapped with a piece of well-oiled leather than a dry leaf.

Construction: Perfect draw, burn (no touch-ups at all, and I'm anal about burn), no wrapper issues at all. I used a toothpick and smoked it until I burned my lip.

Flavors: This cigar is unlike any I've smoked. It has the incredible depth and richness of something like an Illusione (though very different), giving you the woody/cocoa/coffee flavors you expect from something with a lot of Nica tobacco, as well as a very generous dose of very nice spices. It's "spicy" in terms of having a lot of spices, but not in terms of assaulting your palate--you can feel it through the nose, though. I couldn't identify everything, but there was a lot of cinnamon (a current favorite in cigars), nutmeg, and a note of clove here and there, and like I said, other things too, all of 'em good.

Overall: If I had to pick two words to describe the T-52 Toro, it would be: Deliciously marvelous. It's just a flat-out awesome smoke, folks. I can't get enough of these things; they're worth every penny, and as most of you know I don't typically smoke cigars this expensive. I'd really like to try the robusto to see how they compare, but at this point the Toro has solidified a place in my Top 10 Regular Production Cigars.

Rating: 96

I cannot possibly recommend this cigar highly enough! So go buy one, rent one, borrow one, or steal one from a baby--you'll thank me.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
been meaning to try one of these, and after a review like this i am definitely going to pick a few up this w/e...thanks for the review!

p.s. what's the rental fee on one of these guys?:headroll:

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I'm with you Jerry, gonna have to try one of these soon.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Thanks for the review Nate, not the same feeling I had with this one but could be that my humi gave it an off flavor. Good thing I have another one to revisit!!!

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I need to smoke another one of these. I've only had the Toro once, and it was awesome and lasted a longgggg time. Might be the cigar I smoke once I lose this sinus infection.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
So you guy's that have had both sizes, how does the robusto compare? I know with some cigars size really matters, with others not as much. If they're pretty much the same, it seems worth the extra $1 for a full extra inch of bliss :hearteyes

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
So you guy's that have had both sizes, how does the robusto compare? I know with some cigars size really matters, with others not as much. If they're pretty much the same, it seems worth the extra $1 for a full extra inch of bliss :hearteyes
I liked the Toro a lot more, I'm not gonna' lie. The first Robusto I smoked, was actually kinda' nasty, it tasted like charcoal off a grill or something, it was not pleasant at all. But the 2nd was pretty good. I never found the LP line to be consistent, only reason I don't smoke more of the. They all taste differently it seems.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of these deliciously marvelous cigars in my humi - I'm letting it rest and saving it for an occasion when the food I eat before I smoke it is good enough to hold its place before the T-52.... Does anyone else do this?

With that said, I hope my patience is rewarded. :)

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I really want to love these however I can only say "LIKE THESE". I don't know if it's age or storage or whatever but I baught a few of these from my local and everyother one taste terrible. I've had 5 and two were really good but three were not. I can't explain it but I haven't baught anymore and your review along with other BOTL comments just makes me think something is wrong with the one's I baught.:disappoin

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I agree... This is just a flat out great cigar. I really didn't like the No. 9, so I didn't expect to like it, but it blew me away. Gotta save my pennies and stock up on these.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Seems like more and more bros are saying these are fantastic. Time to revist the ones in the humi. Thanks Nate!