What's new

Lighter recommendation

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I cannot say enough good things about Ronson JetLites. Cheap, reliable, large capacity, almost wind-proof when turned up on high.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I like the Lotus from CI. Has a leather wrap and an easy adjustment dial. I get them for about ten bucks on cbid.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have the Vector Knight (actually, mine is a Bugatti B1, but they are the same lighter, the B1 just cost a few more $ for the Bugatti name) and I really love it. It's nice to have the punches always with you. Can be had for $20 at famous-smoke.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I bought two Ronson's over 7 years ago when I first got into cigars, and I'm still using the same two. Used one of them to light my cigar tonight. :)

Those two lighters may be the biggest bang for my buck that I've ever come across, over 7 years of use with no work required for under $5.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have the Vector Knight (actually, mine is a Bugatti B1, but they are the same lighter, the B1 just cost a few more $ for the Bugatti name) and I really love it. It's nice to have the punches always with you. Can be had for $20 at famous-smoke.
I have the same one. Works great every time.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Another vote for the Jet Lite. Buy a bunch of 'em and leave 'em scattered around your house, your workplace, your vehicles, your pockets... As to perceived value, they look much more expensive than they are. The only warnings are: 1) that their finishes are not very durable and will show wear and tear fairly quickly, and 2) that it takes a fair amount of thumb pressure to light them and keep them lighted.
After all the recommendations, I was researching the lighter on youtube and found a video of a guy showing how to make the igniter easier to push. Looks like a very simple modification. In the comments, people are suggesting there is an even easier way- just pull the spring out with needle nose pliers.
Here is the video if anyone is interested.
[video=youtube;VT9inGkgXm0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT9inGkgXm0[/video]