What's new

Lighters?

c10bonanza

Officially Clueless
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a good entry level lighter for an occasional smoker, and what should I expect to pay for one?

I have seen all different types of lighters: zippo's, torch lighters, 2 flame torch, 3 flame torch, 27 flame torch... :riflefire

What's a guy to do?

c10bonanza

Officially Clueless
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wasch_24 said:
I started with a ST DuPont Xtend and haven't looked back...I have two now.

Anything that creates fire will work though.
Todd, you are Johnny-on-the-spot around here!

What is a recommended supplier online for these?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
For the Xtend?

I really don't know one but Google will turn up some good hits. Under $100 is a good deal.

I like Bargain Humidors for accessories. One of the guys the works there or runs it irks me a little but I haven't had bad service yet.

Oh and yeah, some might say I have an unhealthy affinity with posting here. :hysterica

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
but full of information.... I agree with the xtend, good choice, I had one.... but now the FAA has it

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have gone back to my 5 dollar cheapo new york city sidewalk dealer lighter I have been using for a few years because my Z-plus zippo insert decided the trigger doesn't want to ignite anymore. I press it and I get nothing... no clicking sound just a hiss of fuel

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
For a home lighter, I use mine every day. Harbor Freight has these on sale now.

The RP Torches are usually on sale somewhere for under $20

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I bought a nice Colibri Quantum for under $50 shipped from Mydiscount lighter.com. Works great and has a cigar cutter built it so I don't have to carry a lighter and cutter if I don't want to.

I started with a cheapie refillable butane but quickly learned you need to spend a little more for quality. I should have known better.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I too would vote for the S. T. Dupont Xtend lighter. I have one and just ordered 2 more I like them so much. The only problem is based on the cost of them I'm not so willing to take them out to an event for fear of losing it. For events I take a $10.00 triple flame that I got. It works great. The Xtend I use around the house outside or at a friends.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
john tripp said:
moglman......that is the official crack head lighter. :smokingbo

Seriously that is one heavy duty lighter
I love both of these pictured. They're a bit tough to carry on the golf course, though.

floydp

Working Stiff
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a couple of the Blazer inserts in some venable old Zippos I just can't seem to stop wanting to use. Ones and old black zippo and the other is a nice stainless steel with my initials on it my daughter gave me some years back.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I'm looking for a nice soft butane flame lighter. Anyone have one of these?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your just the occasional smoker find something that makes a flame. A butane tourch lighter works great once you figure out how not to torch the crap out of your cigar or face. I normaly go with the good old matches because I can harly ever find my lighter and matches seem to be scatered around my house.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My go to lighter used to be a Corona Old Boy (soft flame, actually a pipe lighter) but lately I've been using the heck out of a PB-207 torch. It's an awesome lighter that will light dozens of cigars between fillings. They're somewhat difficult to obtain in the states thanks to some new regulations, but you can get them from overseas: nextcigar usually has them for around $20.