What's new

Lighters?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Make sure you get some corona flints. They are softer, and therefore easier on the mechanism.

Any triple refined or better fuel will do. Although, I once saw a thread somewhere where some guy did a test, taking two brand new Old Boys and filling one with premium fuel, the other with Ronson, and using them both. I don't know the final outcome, but three years later they were both still going strong.

Far as I am concerned, the Old Boy is the best soft flame made. I've always thought they should make a cigar edition, with a punch instead of a tamper.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I exclusively use Vector fuel in all of my lighters and I was hoping that cupojoes would send extra flint, they don't. I'll just have to buy more.

These lighters are replicas of old Dunhill and Savinelli lighters, though I've heard they've lost nothing in the translation.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Just picked up one of these bad boys from eBay a few days ago.
Should be here at the beginning of the week.
$2.99 for the lighter and $12 for shipping :pokemyeye
Either way, it's a tough-looking torch and I'll be feeling like Chuck Norris everytime I fire up a smoke...

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Got an email from them this morning. He said he sent an email right away letting me know that they are out of stock of the stinky ashtrays and don't intend on continuing stocking them because of complaints that the ears fall off and the vendor doesn't send products to him promptly.

Maybe it got tossed by spamware but who knows...
That is weird I just wrote Stinky about the stirrup falling off of mine during my recent move, said to send it to him and he would send me a new one..
no charge.

Hmmm...

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
... Is the S.T. Dupont still the way to go with torch lighters? How about Prometheus?...
It all depends on what's important to you and what your budget is. Both are pricey, and there are lighters on the market that work at least as well, are at least as dependable, and hold more fuel. E.g. the Blazer PB-207 or the version that I have (CG-001), which is the PB-207 inside a slightly different case. But they are plastic and don't have the same cache or curb appeal.

OTOH, the Ronsons that you can get for about $4 from Ron at cigarsolutions or Wal-mart work pretty damned well and look like the cost about 10 times what they do.

It all comes down to how much you want to spend and what you want in return.