What's new

List/Show off your first gun.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
My "first" gun was a Remington 581 (22 LR) that my Dad purchased for me. Still can vividly recall that day.

First gun I purchased - Dan Wesson Razorback in 10mm.

Nemo

batsh!t crazy
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
Kimber 1911 Super Carry Custom. Got it one year ago this month. Love it to death, shoots like a dream. My dad's family the men always get a handgun when they turn 21 from our fathers and always keep them. I will have this until the day I die and will give it to my firstborn son in my will.

Beautiful!:inlove:

My first I paid for was a Glock 23 and my first was a moss 500 pops bought for me to kills some ducks, and it still does a damn fine job all the years later.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
damn that's bad ass - wish i had an opportunity to get a 228 before i bought my 226

No pics but my first gun was a West Germany SIG P228 made in 1994. I bought it lightly used about 4-5 years ago. Sadly its still the only gun I own. For now...

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
My first gun was a Marlin 336 30-30 Lever Action that my grandpa left to me in his Will, I was 6 when he died and my dad held on to it and took me out to shoot it when I turned 12. He took it out of the gun safe and gave it to me to take me with when I left home after Air Force basic training. Even though it isn't the fanciest or most expensive gun in my ever growing collection it will always be one of my favorites to shoot!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mossberg 590. My FFL was a real piece of work. He claimed that the sheriff insisted my parents be notified of my purchase before going ahead with the transfer. I was in California at the time visiting my best friend who had moved out there so I was handling the matter on the phone. I was clueless as to why this situation existed as i was 19 and possessed a FOID card so why my parents needed to be involved I didnt know and I didnt care for it. I informed the FFL my brother, 29 at the time, would allow me to keep the gun at his house and I would prefer my parents not knowing. He played it off like he agreed and everything was squared away.

Fast forward a few days I am back home when my dad approaches me and casually says oh so youre buying a shotgun? Ends up the dude went behind my back and contacted my father about it. Nothing bad came of it but it was the fact of the matter he did so without my approval.

In hindsight of the matter, assuming the FFL was not lying, the sheriff was violating my rights by denying me my right to purchase a gun when I met all the criteria. Furthermore the FFL violated my rights by informing someone else of my purchase without my permission. If he did not want to transfer a "tactical shotgun" to a teen age kid then he has the right to deny me service, but to take my money and still pull all that bull shi*, fuk no

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bought this in August of 1983 for $180 just a short time before being sworn in to the New York City Police Academy. Carried it off duty and every tour on duty for the next 27 years as a back up gun. I am old school and have just recently switched to a S&W M&P Compact .40 as my off duty carry weapon...Yea, I am definitely "Old school"...

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Kimber 1911 Super Carry Custom. Got it one year ago this month. Love it to death, shoots like a dream. My dad's family the men always get a handgun when they turn 21 from our fathers and always keep them. I will have this until the day I die and will give it to my firstborn son in my will.

There is something about a beautiful gun stored in a beautiful box, it just gets me right here.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first gun was given to me my my grandpa. It was his Ithaca featherlight 16ga.
the first gun i ever purchased myself was a Remmington 870 shotgun then walther p22 handgun

ithaca.jpg