What's new

Lodge Cast Iron Skillets

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I'm a big cast iron fan, too. I've got a 12, a really nice old Griswold 10", a double dutch oven, an 8"er, a griddle/crepe pan, and two of those little mini skillets which make perfect eggs. I find the best way to season cast iron is to use it. A lot. And after you use it, clean it (I , too, use the chainmail scrubber) and then throw it on the range on high heat until it smokes. Once it's smoking hot, a little oil (flax) or bacon fat rubbed in. Let it smoke another few moments then turn it off. Easy!

My father in law has a collection of ancient pieces from several old manufacturers. He's probably got about $5K worth of really nice stuff.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm an advocate of these cast iron pre seasoned skillets...with the raised grooves in a 12 inch skillet I defy anyone to choose between these and some of the most expensive charcoal/gas grills out there. We have a unit above the stove that will suck ALL of the smoke or smell from the kitchen while I put a 1 1/2 inch Ribeye steak in that puppy. Between the salted butter and Gourmet Salts on each side of my steak or burgers...heaven!! ( just one pinch of the salts on one side is enough...and I have all of their stuff...if you're a foodie you'll love it! ) Taste just as good as steaks at Peter Lugers, Halls Chophouse in Charleston, Mortons or places in Chicago or Kansas City.
Yakima® Applewood Smoked Salt....https://www.seasalt.com/gourmet-salt/smoked-salt.html?utm_source=K_UTM_SOURCE&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=K_UTM_TERM&utm_content=K_UTM_CONTENT&utm_campaign=Artisan Salts^77980

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I've cooked 2 whole fryers in the 16"before.
Potatoes carrots and all included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I'm an advocate of these cast iron pre seasoned skillets...with the raised grooves in a 12 inch skillet I defy anyone to choose between these and some of the most expensive charcoal/gas grills out there. We have a unit above the stove that will suck ALL of the smoke or smell from the kitchen while I put a 1 1/2 inch Ribeye steak in that puppy. Between the salted butter and Gourmet Salts on each side of my steak or burgers...heaven!! ( just one pinch of the salts on one side is enough...and I have all of their stuff...if you're a foodie you'll love it! ) Taste just as good as steaks at Peter Lugers, Halls Chophouse in Charleston, Mortons or places in Chicago or Kansas City.
Yakima Applewood Smoked Salt....https://www.seasalt.com/gourmet-salt/smoked-salt.html?utm_source=K_UTM_SOURCE&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=K_UTM_TERM&utm_content=K_UTM_CONTENT&utm_campaign=Artisan Salts^77980
Try some Jacobsen salts. Hand harvested in Netarts Bay, Oregon. The best of the best.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Try some Jacobsen salts. Hand harvested in Netarts Bay, Oregon. The best of the best.
When I discovered the "salts" it enhanced our steaks by 50% easily...we love to dine out but that gets a bit expensive eating $50 steaks so we bought 5 pounds of Rib Eye 1 1/2 inches from Costco....cooked em in butter and salts and we've never looked back since. I'll have to get some of the Jacobsen Salts....guess they have them at Williams Sonoma in a 3 or 6 vial portions....yummmm.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

Picked this up at Costco today for $15.
Update: I'm really loving this after using it the last couple of months. Perfect for cold nights when I don't want to get out to the grill.

My wife bought me this for cleaning it and I love it! Around $10-12, I think

Also, this works great! Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of my favorite uses for my Lodge dutch oven is to use it on the grill for brats. Grill the brats and then use the dutch oven for the beer bath with peppers, onions and garlic. While the brats are grilling I saute the vegetables in olive oil. Then simply season with salt and pepper, throw the now cooked brats in and top it off with beer. Good eats!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of my favorite uses for my Lodge dutch oven is to use it on the grill for brats. Grill the brats and then use the dutch oven for the beer bath with peppers, onions and garlic. While the brats are grilling I saute the vegetables in olive oil. Then simply season with salt and pepper, throw the now cooked brats in and top it off with beer. Good eats!
Oh yeah, I also have a large Lodge enameled dutch oven that's great for pot roasts, smothered pork chops ect...