What's new

LOL sticks show up after a YEAR

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the plan folks? Throw them out? freeze them then slowly try to rejuvenate them? Pipe tobacco?

I'm hoping the RH in SoCal hasn't dipped much below mid 50% in the last 12 months.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Hmmm. . .I am missing a couple from that period. . .I would love to know the condition of the smokes if someone wants to weigh in, just in case I get a holiday surprise. :glassesgr

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
There's no way they're still able to be smoked right?

I mean that long in what I assume to be bad conditions.
Not necessarily. They might have been stored in a decent warehouse or holding facility. Assuming they were well wrapped or sealed in plastic bags as some vendors do, they might be in decent shape and just need a couple of months to rest in a good humidor.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh good, so my smokes are still on the way. I didn't realize there were sent via a cross Atlantic steam-liner, then pony express, and then a one legged bicycle deliveryman. Excellent!!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Hmmm. . .I am missing a couple from that period. . .I would love to know the condition of the smokes if someone wants to weigh in, just in case I get a holiday surprise. :glassesgr

John, I got a package this week. Luckily for me the cigars were all by themselves sealed in a baggie so they weren't that bad at all. A few were drier than the others, but there was still some aroma to them and I think will be salvageable. But I have seen other people's where they entire box came and probably not sealed well at all and they were probably dried out beyond help.

Well, well, well. A box from 2008 arrived today. Cigars are a bit dry! :argh:
Really? You saying ordered in 2008, or a box code of 2008? Wow

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I'd guess the same time period everyone is implying, just the cigars were older when ordered in that same time period

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Somebody needs to hit me with a PM telling me the locations these are coming from... I have lost more than my share in customs in a few US ports, but I may know why if they're all coming from one collection location. A freight forwarding company advised me of a few recent events that may have triggered this. Purely speculation at this point though.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
There's no way they're still able to be smoked right?

I mean that long in what I assume to be bad conditions.
The cigars are in pretty good shape for that length of time. A bit dry but not crackling. Still smell very nice. Contacted the vendor & he suggested putting them in the humi for a couple months & then trying one. And, no charge for the box. He was happy I had the honesty to contact him.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add me to this list - Received 2 packages this week - 1 shipped March 2012 (not looking too good - not crackly yet but pretty dry) and 1 shipped April 2013 (looks to be OK). This is amazing - I really wonder what happened?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe the govt shutdown realized a need to purge some warehouse space, resulting in a mass release of suspect mail back in to the system?

My box read 54% RH when locked in a few bags for a day. There's a decent aroma but they look really dry and the 2 cigars closest to each end of the box are cracked pretty badly.

I'm hoping for a Christmas miracle.