What's new

London

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Ok, the wife and I are planning a little get away vacation for Memorial Day Weekend and are thinking about going to London.

Anyone know how smoker friendly the place is? I wasn't a cigar smoker the last time I was there...Feb-Mar 2002.

What would you do as far as smokes go?

Lemme hear/read your thoughts.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I believe they passed a new smoking law that takes effect in the summer :dunno: To tell you the truth, I'd talk to someone that lives there to get a good feel for how they are.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Might be 2007 :dunno: I really have no clue and didn't read much into it because it's on another continent :rofl:

UK lives in Peterborough and might be good to talk to

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I've heard from a friend who recently visited that smoking is still allowed and ABSOLUTELY to be experienced while you still can. The time of being appreciated for smoking a wonderful cigar is long passed in America. GB, on the other hand, is still clinging to the past. Go. Experience what it's like to have an onlooker comment positively on your cigar. Share

You'll be alucky man in my book.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I wish they'd just get it over with and ban smoking everywhere inside and out except your own home. I'm getting so sick of hearing about new smoking bans.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Ok, so we are definitely going, buying the plane tickets tonight.

Now for the serious planning...how many cigars should we take?

We'll be there for 4 nights.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I would probably only bring about 5 per smoker and look to see if you could purchase single sticks over there that we can't get easily here. Maybe some special european editions you might come across and use the ones you bring as back-up in case you can't find anything you'd like to try.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You can smoke just about anywhere there. It's great.

I would bring my own cigars though--way too expensive otherwise.

The Dunhill store is cool, but used to be cooler. They no longer sell pipe tobacco, so now it's basically just an accessory/clothing store with great pipes.

My favorite London cigar bar, Che, is now closed, but I've heard that La Flordita is a great place.

Here's my suggestion: just bring a bunch of cigars, including smaller sizes, walk all you can, smoke while you walk, hit lots of pubs, and smoke while you drink. Eat in the pubs and smoke while you eat. Then drink and smoke some more.

Have a great trip.