What's new

London

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Freeking awesome trip Todd, never left the country myself. You and the misses have a great time. With those prices, now I see why you would bring your own.

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
geoffrie said:
Cigars are very expensive in the UK - remember the VAT - 28%?

Plus the monopoly by H&F.
I'm wondering if you can ask for a VAT refund on CCs?

RA Belis might be the only thing I would buy there.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Have a great time. The cigars are expensive but you can get some exotics and very well aged ones that will blow you away.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
That sounds awesome.... I am actually trying to plan a trip there towards the end of the summer... Right After i graduate and before i start working for real..

but have a great time

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
croatan said:
You can smoke just about anywhere there. It's great.

I would bring my own cigars though--way too expensive otherwise.

The Dunhill store is cool, but used to be cooler. They no longer sell pipe tobacco, so now it's basically just an accessory/clothing store with great pipes.

My favorite London cigar bar, Che, is now closed, but I've heard that La Flordita is a great place.

Here's my suggestion: just bring a bunch of cigars, including smaller sizes, walk all you can, smoke while you walk, hit lots of pubs, and smoke while you drink. Eat in the pubs and smoke while you eat. Then drink and smoke some more.

Have a great trip.
LOL, this is basically what we had planned! :thumbsup:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Bringing a nice stash is also a great way to meet people and trade. Last time I was in Zurich sitting in a park I met a great group smoing cigars. I was leaving the next day and gave them most of my NC's. I still get packages from those guys at Christmas. Swiss chocolate and cigars. Hmmmm time to go back.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
If that's what you have planned then I believe you are going to have a fantastic trip!!! One for the ages, make sure to take plenty of pictures too, and maybe you can post some in your gallery when it's all said and done. I'm sure most of the brothers here would love to see ya smoking a nice Cohiba or Monte in the middle of the London roundabout!

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
What are the dates that you will be there??? I have some buddies that will be there over the summer and would love to meet up and smoke I am sure....

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
May 27th - 31st

I will most definitely post up some pictures but the bands are staying here so you'll have to guess what I am smoking. :wink:

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
hmmm nice... My buddies arent goin until June, but they will be there until Nov. I am thinking of going for Halloween

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
and yea, good idea on leaving the bands at home... and that will make a good contest, guess what Todd is smoking

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
UKSmoker?

Johnny7 lives way outside the city.

I thought it was 2007.
Looks like 2007, should be able to find lots of smoker friendly places. Cheap places to eat are JD Weatherspoons, they have a great selection of real ales and smoking and non smoking sections ie were food is eaten is no smoking usually. Some bars have become no smoking voluntarily though so just look for ashtrays.

Try this for cigar stores in London:

http://www.google.co.uk/local?hl=en&hs=jaz&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official_s&q=cigar+stores&near=London&sa=X&oi=local&ct=title

Try these for CAMRA National Inventory pubs that have original features in central London.
http://www.camra.org.uk/SHWebClass.ASP?WCI=ShowCat&CatID=110

200 miles or so from where I live in Hull to London. In US terms probably nothing but in UK terms the other side of the country, if a relative lives more than 25 miles away or half an hour travelling then there just visited at Christmas time. LOL :santa2:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Alrighty folks, we leave on Saturday. I am puuting together our maps and "itinerary" as I type this.

Looks like our hotel was a decent choice...less than a half mile from JJ Fox, Dunhill, and the LCdH!

So far this is what I am thinking of bringing, four of each:
ERdM PC
HdM du Prince
Epicure #1
RA 898v
HdM des Deuix

Each day will likely involve smoking one of each of those cigars. :thumbsup: