What's new

lookin for lurkers

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
This is the greatest thread ever! You guys rock! I've never even considered rolling my own. What is the start up cost on that type of setup?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Cutting board, pizza cutter, glue, and wholeleaftobacco's starter blend kit. Around $40-50 total if you have none of the above lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have leaves on the way!
Got a kit of leaves and a couple extra quarter pound samples from LO

I hope the order gets here fast.
I have leaves on the way!
Got a kit of leaves and a couple extra quarter pound samples from LO

I hope the order gets here fast.
Just got an order in yesterday from LO. It did take a week to receive it but I'm not in a big hurry anyway. The good news is the assortment of samples was in excellent condition and cased perfectly. Very nice looking leaf and the San Andres wrapper is absolutely beautiful (I may have a new favorite wrapper).

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My wife thought buying CCs was causing a downward spiral into the unknown.

Now this! :)

She said I should wait until this fall, but I can't.

I don't expect the first rolls to be all that great. But it's 40 dollars (actually 62 with shipping and two extra quarter pound samples) So I figure the cost of the leaf kit is the cost of learning. I have the LO "Bold" 2 pound leaf kit on the way.

Extra 1/4 pound samples:
Dominican Seco Piloto Cubano
Aged Colombian Seco
I have no idea what to do with those two, but I'll learn something from it.

The leaf kit:
Wrapper: 1/2 LB PA Oscuro Wrapper
Binder: 1/2 LB CT 2LS Broadleaf (Binder)
Filler: 1/2 LB Aged Nicaraguan Ligero, 1/2 LB Aged Nicaraguan Seco

Wish me luck! (suggestions are welcome)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Just got an order in yesterday from LO. It did take a week to receive it but I'm not in a big hurry anyway. The good news is the assortment of samples was in excellent condition and cased perfectly. Very nice looking leaf and the San Andres wrapper is absolutely beautiful (I may have a new favorite wrapper).
I am a big fan of the San Andres. Is a good wrapper for sure, especially if you like chocolate, coffee, and spice.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My wife thought buying CCs was causing a downward spiral into the unknown.

Now this! :)

She said I should wait until this fall, but I can't.
Dude... you seriously don't even know.
Let me tell you s/t up front: there are times you're gonna look back at the $1000 you just blew trying to find some good leaf, and you'll think, "Shit, I coulda bought ONE HUNDRED CUBANS with that....."
Your enthusiasm is lovely, we've all been there, but I'm morally obliged to tell you that you're gonna have that exact thought, real soon.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Dude... you seriously don't even know.
Let me tell you s/t up front: there are times you're gonna look back at the $1000 you just blew trying to find some good leaf, and you'll think, "Shit, I coulda bought ONE HUNDRED CUBANS with that....."
Your enthusiasm is lovely, we've all been there, but I'm morally obliged to tell you that you're gonna have that exact thought, real soon.
Sad but true. What we really need is a farmer that lives south of me that's willing to supply us.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Been lurking here a while, joined not long ago because all things i read and watched on rolling led here, Getting ready to make my first order and have a few questions
Was going to order from LO, the 2lb bold combo kit, or would i be better buying some 1/4lb samples?
If the answer is samples, which to order? i prefer med to full cigars.
I have a mold but its big, 60rg, should i buy the small 2 slot 48x5 mold from LO to start off or use mine? (The 60rg was gifted to me on another forum)
Which is the best glue to buy?
I think thats all for now, thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been lurking here a while, joined not long ago because all things i read and watched on rolling led here, Getting ready to make my first order and have a few questions
Was going to order from LO, the 2lb bold combo kit, or would i be better buying some 1/4lb samples?
I have a mold but its big, 60rg, should i buy the small 2 slot 48x5 mold from LO to start off or use mine? (The 60rg was gifted to me on another forum)
My two cents... I would advise against the kit and go with some select tobacco. I personally didn't care for the broadleaf binder or the Pa Oscuro wrapper.

Medium to full body..
The Mexican San Andres wrapper is beautiful with smaller veins and tastes much better.
Dominican binder
Dominican seco Piloto Cubano (Dom Criollo 98 optional choice)
Nicaraguan ligero

Starting Recipe in a ratio of this proportion...
Two leaves of Dom seco
1/2 leaf Nic ligero
bound in Dom binder

If you want more strength add more ligero.

I would NOT buy one of the inexpensive wood molds they sell. They don't work that well. Tobacco spills out the sides. You could just use paper for now and make them any size you want or make the investment and get a good pro quality plastic mold.

Glue... I really like gum Tragacanth (it's a strong, tasteless glue) or LO sells the Bermocoll.

Good luck!!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi, Fusion.
We've never really got our shit together here to devise a decent suggested LO "kit," but IMHO the broadleaf in that Bold kit is super dubious, and the Nica leaves are semi-dubious. Unlike Gdaddy most of us here are pretty keen on the PA wrapper, even if it's thick and veiny. But yeah, there are prettier dark wrappers there that burn as well and taste nearly as good. So.... I'd do something like a couple 1/4 dark wrappers--MSA, etc....--some Dom seco and binder, and some higher-priming filler (viso or ligero) according to feedback here. Let a few other dudes chime in before you place your order, would be my best suggestion. And as Gdaddy says, I'd skip those crap "flush" molds and try to get a proper mold in a ring you like. Welcome and best of luck to you!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm glad to hear your joining in here. you've been lurking here a while so, .. look forward to your learning curve and, stick with it.