What's new

Looking At Crossover SUVs. Thoughts?

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
If you want to seat 5 comfortably with elbow room I would imagine you need 3rd row seating. Right? My 2 kids are small enough now that we didn't need the 3rd row, but I bet as they grow I will buy something bigger with more back seat legroom.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes. Absolutely need a functional third row.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Thanks everyone for all the recommendations. Please keep them coming.

Current reviews lead me to believe the Honda Pilot, Mazda CX-9, and the Nissan Pathfinder are currently the way to go. They have the largest 3rd row of the current wave of mid-sized SUV's.

It sounds like the Nissan is under powered, so that's a watch out.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Only one I've looked at out of those was the Pilot. I really liked it but we didn't need that big of a vehicle yet. We drove a Mazda 5 the smaller suv than the 9 and it was ok. Don't know how the 9 handles compared to the 5 I drove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Thanks everyone for all the recommendations. Please keep them coming.

Current reviews lead me to believe the Honda Pilot, Mazda CX-9, and the Nissan Pathfinder are currently the way to go. They have the largest 3rd row of the current wave of mid-sized SUV's.

It sounds like the Nissan is under powered, so that's a watch out.
All good, reliable vehicles. Nice thing about the CX-9 is that it no longer requires premium gas. When I was in the market for one, that was a bit of a deal breaker...

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
All good, reliable vehicles. Nice thing about the CX-9 is that it no longer requires premium gas. When I was in the market for one, that was a bit of a deal breaker...
Yeah that would add up real quick. Hard to imagine why a car manufacturer in that price point would require premium fuel. I get if you spend 75,000 on a car you might expect your buyers to buy premium. But not the 30-40k price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My wife used to have a Pilot, two body styles ago I think. I thought it was one of the most boring cares I ever drove, but my wife loved it. It was her car so I was ok with it being boring for me :)
She now has a Kia Sedona and loves it even more. A lot more room inside and drives very nicely.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Have you looked at the Toyota Highlander? I ask cause 10 yrs ago both my parents and my Uncle family were looking to get out of a minivan's into something with more cargo space. My parent's bought the Pilot and My uncle decided on the highlander. Fast forward 10 yrs both cars are still running great, and neither owner will give them up.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Have you looked at the Toyota Highlander? I ask cause 10 yrs ago both my parents and my Uncle family were looking to get out of a minivan's into something with more cargo space. My parent's bought the Pilot and My uncle decided on the highlander. Fast forward 10 yrs both cars are still running great, and neither owner will give them up.
Glad to head the Honda and the Toyota are running great for your family relations. That is their reputation. Are they having any kind of trouble with the body, doors, electronics, or anything else going out unexpectedly or prematurely?

I have been reading reviews and specs, trying to narrow down quite a few vehicles to a few that we can test drive.

This Highlander was on my list, but reviews say the 3rd row is too small to be used by an every day passenger. This is a requirement for me, so the Highlander has been crossed off the list at this time. The wife and I will be doing test drives in December with plans to buy something after the tax return comes back. Once we do the test drives, I'll have a better idea if the reviews are correct.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Glad to head the Honda and the Toyota are running great for your family relations. That is their reputation. Are they having any kind of trouble with the body, doors, electronics, or anything else going out unexpectedly or prematurely?

I have been reading reviews and specs, trying to narrow down quite a few vehicles to a few that we can test drive.

This Highlander was on my list, but reviews say the 3rd row is too small to be used by an every day passenger. This is a requirement for me, so the Highlander has been crossed off the list at this time. The wife and I will be doing test drives in December with plans to buy something after the tax return comes back. Once we do the test drives, I'll have a better idea if the reviews are correct.
No just your normal wear and tear. I live in California so don't know how snow and salt would affect the body

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk