What's new

Looking to get a V cutter

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The V cut was or is something that helps counter that tar buildup...it's in the groove so in order to get to the tar you'd have to stick your tongue into that syrupy good and it's gross...you'll know when you first taste it. The best V cut is the 'cats eye V cut' where the actual cut is a scooping type of cut..not the straight across V cut we see today. A cats eye cut will cut deeper into the head of the cigar and this helps in the draw of the cigar overall. I don't see any company that makes a Cats Eye V Cut ...if they did I'd get another one.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
There is a table cutter at my B/M that does this "Cats Eye" cut due to the motion of the cutter. It's a 4 cut cutter, two V's and two straight cuts. Works well for the V's as you mention but I'm not fond of it on the straight since the cut is not straight, more dished.

He sells them, btw. ;)

table.jpg

The V cut was or is something that helps counter that tar buildup...it's in the groove so in order to get to the tar you'd have to stick your tongue into that syrupy good and it's gross...you'll know when you first taste it. The best V cut is the 'cats eye V cut' where the actual cut is a scooping type of cut..not the straight across V cut we see today. A cats eye cut will cut deeper into the head of the cigar and this helps in the draw of the cigar overall. I don't see any company that makes a Cats Eye V Cut ...if they did I'd get another one.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There is a table cutter at my B/M that does this "Cats Eye" cut due to the motion of the cutter. It's a 4 cut cutter, two V's and two straight cuts. Works well for the V's as you mention but I'm not fond of it on the straight since the cut is not straight, more dished.

He sells them, btw. ;)

View attachment 38265

\\

Funny that you posted this...I do have that one...got it on the CigarAuctioneer Site for $35...stainless steel and I love this thing...Boston Cutter has the big one that costs about $700....too much for my wallet.