What's new

Looking to start a non specific Fantasy Football league- update

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
After looking at my flight times, I will not be able to do it that night, the next night would be perfect but if it can not be switched I may have to have someone else do the draft for me.. I will say again because it has not been addressed yet, I will not be able to get my smokes to shuckins before the draft day, the people that know me, know I am good for it but if that is a problem let me know....

Rating - 95.8%
31   1   1
earliest i could get my sticks to shuckins would be thur also, work late today...but could mail them tomorrow and post the dc #...will that work?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I am not worried about ppl sending the cigars out. I am more worried about getting a draft time we can all show up at. How was the original time chosen?

When is a good time for people. Tues and Wed night I have grad classes starting in Sept. Any other time is good with me.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Drafts date was picked so as not to conflict with the other leagues draft dates and it had to be done by the first Sunday before opening day. Didn't leave many dates open but we still have time to nail down another date if need be. The time was chosen to best represent the time zones, not too late for EDT and late enough that the Westies are home from work or school.

I'm OK for any night other than the 3rd (the CC draft). Do we need to change the date?

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I would prefer it changed, even if it was moved to Friday.. How long does this take?

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I would prefer it changed, even if it was moved to Friday.. How long does this take?
I'm told by a reputable source that the draft for a 10 team league should take about an hour. Then again some of us are wet behind the ears. Yahoo has mock drafts, I'm going to mess with a few just to get the idea. I suggest that anyone else unfamiliar with the process do the same, it can't hurt.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Thursday night is not good for me or a few others in this league that are in the CC league together.

I'm sure we can work to find a date and time that will work for the majority of the participants, but some may have to bite the bullet and do autodraft. I know it's not as fun that way, but when dealing with different time zones, it's not easy to find dates that work for everyone.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I'm all signed up and ready to go. Just need the addy to send the smokes off.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm all signed up and ready to go. Just need the addy to send the smokes off.
I need your addy as well.

I say just set a draft day and for those of us who can't make it, we set our draft boards early. If you don't want to set your draft board, you can let Yahoo draft for you, they will automatically take the highest ranked player available on the board. I will be unavailable sept 4-6 but I don't necessarily need to be there.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I need your addy as well.

I say just set a draft day and for those of us who can't make it, we set our draft boards early. If you don't want to set your draft board, you can let Yahoo draft for you, they will automatically take the highest ranked player available on the board. I will be unavailable sept 4-6 but I don't necessarily need to be there.
So basically you make a list of who you would like in the order that you'd like and Yahoo drafts them if they're available? The option for trades and grabbing players from waivers is still open afterward I'd assume.

Where is that option in the team settings?