What's new

&*&^%$#@! Lost My Job

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I hate to hear you lost your job, but your boss kind of beats your situation there. Good luck in your search and I hope you find a job rather quickly :thumbsup:

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Damn Wade, that's tough! I'm praying that the job lead you got works out.

Sad about your boss...a woman I work with has just had this diagnosed in her husband, and I see how it has devestated them.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I am sorry to hear about your situation Wade, and I really feel bad for your boss. What a horrible, terrifying feeling for him.

I know exactly where you're at in regards to the job. As has been said, network, network, network! If your resume just kicks @$$, cold calls may land you a job in short order, but get the people who know you and are willing to ask around and vouch for you, in the loop.

You on linkedin?

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
As is the case 99% of the time...it's not what you know, but who you know.

Hope the lead works out and it's alway sgood to have friends in high places.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Wade, I hear yeah. The job I just landed a couple of weeks ago didn't work out. So I'm back in the same boat as you my friend.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Kinda weird, I cleaned out my office today and it's pretty plane Jane in here right now. However, my boss is out of the office on vacation for the week, so I can tell you this, Friday, I'm gonna smoke a damn fine cigar sitting at my desk! :devil:

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Kinda weird, I cleaned out my office today and it's pretty plane Jane in here right now. However, my boss is out of the office on vacation for the week, so I can tell you this, Friday, I'm gonna smoke a damn fine cigar sitting at my desk! :devil:
Nice! Don't forget to add the fact that you'll be surfing Career Builder at the same time!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Wade man, I wish you the best of luck with your employment endevears.

If you do any graphics/media design, we should talk, I have a side business that we are looking for some design/graphics partner type of deal.

(I suppose that offer works for anyone who reads this, PM me, there is potential for a supplemental income during the year, it is not a primary job, since we are still working on growth on our spare time from our day jobs).

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Wade, I sent you a PM with some details. I was not clear from your post if you actually are a media guy, or if that was sarcasm. IN any case, PM sent.