What's new

Lost The Greatest Man I Ever Knew Yesterday.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I've been up since 3am with such a heavy heart and tears in my eyes. I lost my Grandfather "Pappy" yesterday in a car accident. He was the greatest man in my life and the father I never had. My grandparents were truly more like my parents to me. He was my hero and my mentor. My grandparents were the most important couple in my life growing up. They were more than Grandparents, to me they were everything. I've prayed almost everyday in my life and especially for lord blessing me with such wonderfull grandparents. My grandmother "Nanny" passed a little over eight years ago and that was the hardest loss I've ever felt. My grandfather had lived on by himself since her passing. He was a very strong man in life. He was a WWII Navy vet, a Mason, A Shriner, and held the longest Commander possition at our American Legion Post. Not only was he a proud vet but he also had a heart of gold, helping out people and children less fortunate and needing help. He was very active in his church and met his friends for coffee on a daily basis.
His passion was also Hunting and fishing which ment everything to him next to family. He taught me everything in life and was the reason I joined the Navy as well. I would like to think I could hold a candle to him but the truth is I never will. To me he really was simply, that great of a man.
I probibly wont be on BOTL for a few days fellas as my heart is just not into it. Thanks for listining...your all I had at this time of the day so I hope you understand.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
So Sorry Ciggy
I will Pray for him and you and I Think you have some wonderful memories. Hang in there!

Dave

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
It sure is hard to deal with the loss of such a man in your life who played such an important part in your being. From what I know, there is a lot of him in you. I see that you are a happy, kind and generous man, much like your description of Pappy. He lives on, in you and everyone else who ever loved him.
Take care my friend, Tom and please accept my condolences on your heartbreaking loss.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Sounds like our grandfathers were very much alike in who they were as individuals and what they meant to us. If heaven is one big herf, I am sure your "Pappy" and my "Pop" will be getting along splendidly. My deepest sympathies for your loss.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Brother, I am so sorry for your loss. While I'll not bother with platitudes it is by your own words that you know he left behind a tremendous legacy. That is far more impressive than you'll ever know.

I am asking God to comfort and embrace you at this moment and that you be strengthened in every way.

Hang in their brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
So sorry to hear this Tom. Thank you for taking the time to tell us a bit about his life. Sounds like a truly great person. I think it runs in the family.

Brent