Luckysaturn13 s Dog Rocket Reviews!

Discussion in 'Domestic Cigar Reviews' started by luckysaturn13, Feb 14, 2015.

1. luckysaturn13

luckysaturn13 Smoke it if ya got it!

Albums:
    So I was chatting with my cigar obsession enabler @multi-useless about how the cigar budget in the toilet for last month and this month. And the few premiums I have left are in hibernation for stabilization ...(a whole other story..Damn you RH!). I also mentioned how I was trying to hold out on the cao carb I had for him. I was growing closer to smoking it every night. He heard I was smoking quarums and was kind of digging the idea I had of dogrockts to hold me over. I was also talking about refining my palette and trying my hand at reviews to heighten my cigar smoking experience So we came to the conclusion someway or another.... Id trade him a sole cao carb for a sampler pack of his multiple dog rocket overruns and a 5 pack of R P evolutions (which some consider dog rockets) AND ... I'd do reviews of ALL OF THEM on a semi regular basis. Were still trying to figure out who got the better end of the deal! hahahah! This is ment to be light hearted, comical, and fun. Some of the sticks included ... Ron Mexico not ron jermey sorry folks! Rajis untimely demise, panama red , hesitant pirate(whatever the f that is!), casa de Garcia , and several victor sinclairs!
    [​IMG]
    So tonight I started out with the panama red blend #5 mmmm tasty... well tasty if you like hanging out in the stable every day!
    Pre light had a smell of barn yard hay with a hint of WTF did I get myself into!
    On the light up it had a sour lemon zest taste but the hay was still there After a few puffs it settled down had a smooth easy draw a citrus came and went.
    2/3 Still has they haystack taste along with a hint of did I seriously sign up for this? Had to do a minor touch up. Slight pepper
    1/3 This stick finally turned bold! zest disappeared and I caught hints of leather and pepper. Last third as usual was the best. Then it finally turned to a heavy tar and I let it go out. You wont find any short nubbing here but why would you ? It's a dog rockets review!!
    So after researching I found out this shi... I mean slick stick is an extreme value buy at about1.30 a pop, but your better off spending your money on a mc double! That's right... I just said that shit! It's a Nicaraguan blended filler with touch of Panamanian ligero what ever that is! Probally horse hair... I imagine the blended filler is the cause of the semi consistant taste the whole way through. It also has a Nica binder and a nica habano wrapper. This cigars not a winner, but in this trade...... We're all winners!

Pic about halfway through
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  2. 3/5King

3/5King Shwing! Donor 4

Media:
    Albums:
    Nice job! IF you'd like some budget friendly suggestions feel free to ask or pm!

luckysaturn13 likes this.
  3. luckysaturn13

Albums:
    Will do brother! Like I said this was meant to be fun, humorous, expand my palette , work on my review skills, and hold me over for a month or so!

multi-useless and 3/5King like this.
  4. luckysaturn13

Albums:
    So who in your signatures needs a dog rocket bomb? jkjk!

Jesse likes this.
  5. 3/5King

3/5King Shwing! Donor 4

Media:
    Albums:
    @ChefBoyRG54

dontWIZonme, Jesse, cgraunke and 4 others like this.
  6. luckysaturn13

Albums:
  7. Xavier Dredo

Xavier Dredo Donor 4

Give up them cigarettes and you'll have plenty of cash for quality smokes. Plus, your palette will improve immensely!

Zigarro, cgraunke, Mr.Draned and 5 others like this.
  8. Zmilin

Zmilin Donor 3

Media:
    Albums:
    This was fun to read... Looking forward to more!

Pappy and luckysaturn13 like this.
  9. herfdog

herfdog I am no rocket surgeon

We should start a dog rocket box pass. That could be something.

cgraunke and luckysaturn13 like this.
  10. luckysaturn13

Albums:
    Was never really into them! I have been smoking some gifted cigarellos from time to time at work though.

Hopefully have another one tonight! Already got a sitter lined up.... I don't know if I can pull off one of these in the house though hahhaha

That would be epic! Count me in with @multi-useless s permission lol. I do have a few doubles. we could throw one premo in for every 5 dogs... but here's the kicker we play switch the bands. Could make for a fun game of is it a Cuban cc or a crappy cc rotfl jk!

Zigarro likes this.
  11. multi-useless

multi-useless Donor 3

LOL, absolutely... There's more where those came from and I have practically no use for them, so if they can be put to use for anything - dog rocket reviews, helping a bro out, passing off to non-cigar smokers as quality tobacco (which is even funnier than it sounds) - I'm contributing to the cause. :)

Zigarro and luckysaturn13 like this.
  12. luckysaturn13

Albums:
    They were nice for hand outs at the july4th party... They were a big hit with the non cigar smokers it was great!

from another thread.....
    ahh cat piss... maybe that was the hay /citris taste I was getting!

13. Tim H

Tim H

Media:
    Albums:
    I have some of those you listed. My first cigar purchase was CI's Po Boy II sampler that was 30 dog rockets for 35 bucks. Of course I had no idea what I was buying. LOL

14. jasonsbeer

jasonsbeer Never Settle Donor 3

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd be in on that. I've got quite a few cheapie sticks that have been very surprising, though.

Biggest surprise to me was a fiver of Signature Collection Vintage 2005 Maduro. Paid $1.40 each for for these little coronas. Great creamy, cocoa flavor. Unfortunately, hard to keep lit.

Another surprise for me was a fiver of RP vintage 2nds. Paid $2.60 each for the 4x48 perfecto. Started with good chocolate flavor, ending in leather.

I have quite a few others that I wouldn't touch again, though. 5 Vegas Cask Strength, for example. I gave them away to my poker buddies.

15. herfdog

herfdog I am no rocket surgeon

I guess we're up to something. One's dog rocket can be interesting to someone else. It could also expand horizons.

I know I like an occasionnal rocket to remind me of what's good in premiums. And there are occasions requiring less than stellar sticks too.

I've never even participated in a box pass, can't be too hard?

I know there's a thread, a list of people to get the box, and approval on the picks and puts... except this time it would be for ensuring the quality isn't too HIGH !!

If there's interest in this I could look into it further.

multi-useless likes this.
  16. GWBowman

GWBowman

Nice job. I look forward to your thoughts on the rest.

17. luckysaturn13

Albums:
    Its like buying a big mac after seeing a commercial of a huge sandwich then you get some smoshed up bread with a little meat patty lol.

Your right. one mans trash is another mans treasure. Could be fun to expand the palate
    Give me two weeks or so to get some reviews going Then I will organize and start a dog rocket box pass! :) I've always wanted to organize my own. It should be a blast! Ill make sure we get it up to Canada for ya!
    Going to try to get another one in tonight...stay tuned!

herfdog likes this.
  18. Avvatar

Avvatar

Albums:
    i love mock reviews. this thread is followed. If there's a dog rocket box pass, i'm in. BWAHAHAHA Flying Dog Rockets!

19. luckysaturn13

Albums:
    @herfdog any idea what would be the lowest cost shipper to get it up your way?

20. luckysaturn13

Albums:
    Luckysaturn 13's Flying Dog Rocket Pass list
    1. Luckysaturn13 Originator
    2. @herfdog
    3.@Avvatar
    4. @jasonsbeer
    5. @multi-useless
    6. @Tim H
    More spots, travel order, and rules to come... Like I said going to be a few weeks out this is great!