What's new

M80 Rant (not with the cigar) delivery

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Fellas,

Had Jerome Fuller send me a box of M80's, well they delivered to my old house
(My mistake). So CMac asked me yesterday if I had gotten the box because Jerome wanted to insure it arrived safe. Needless to say they tracked the package to my old house. So @ 9:15pm I make a mad dash to grab my smokes, but the 2 females that got the package never answered so I left a note asking them to call me. One of them called and said yes they had my package but it was a little beat up(I'm thinking the box was banged up) NO they opened the box and it looks like a damn cave man chewed the top of the box. I go today @ 8am to get the box and she had the never to ask would you like us to pay for the damage? I bit my tongue and just walked away, I however would like to get them for opening my mail is this wrong of me?

FYI...Don't use the address in this picture to mail me anything!!! lmao

Attachments

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Looks like they had a dog chew on the damn thing. I think even if it's delivered to your house by mistake, that's still mail tampering to open it, if it's not addressed to you. That's a load of steamy bullshit, if you ask me!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Good Lord. It's a cigar box, not Al Capone's vault. What did they use? The jaws of life?

And opening your mail... tacky. Who would do that?

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Not wrong at all for you to go after them. They broke the law opening your mail.

Sucks about the box...hope the cigars are not damaged.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Not wrong at all for you to go after them. They broke the law opening your mail.

I filed a complaint with the postal inspector, hopefully something good comes out of this. Cigars aren't damaged or missing, I'm going to try and use a pin nailer to reseal the box and then have it vacuum sealed. My blood is boiling, my wife went with me to get the box to insure I didn't go to jail, cause I wanted to give her the butt of my pistol.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
What a most crappy situation. As you are I too would be pissed. Stupid knucklehead's - why would they even try to open the cigar box in the first place. After opening the USPS package they could clearly see what it freakin was.

Damn, so stupid!

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I filed a complaint with the postal inspector, hopefully something good comes out of this. Cigars aren't damaged or missing, I'm going to try and use a pin nailer to reseal the box and then have it vacuum sealed. My blood is boiling, my wife went with me to get the box to insure I didn't go to jail, cause I wanted to give her the butt of my pistol.
I would be pissed, dont get me wrong but probably not as mad as you are about this whole thing. The obviously did something they shouldnt have but when you say you hope something good comes of this, what do you mean? Should they go to jail? Or pay a huge fine?

Why repair the box and have it vacuum sealed? Put the cigars into a different box or leave them as is.... Shit happens and it could have been a lot worse bro.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
What a most crappy situation. As you are I too would be pissed. Stupid knucklehead's - why would they even try to open the cigar box in the first place. After opening the USPS package they could clearly see what it freakin was.

Damn, so stupid!
They probably thought they were real M-80's.

At least the cigars aren't damaged. Sorry for your luck, bro'! I wouldn't bother with repairing the box. Just double ziplock the sticks if you want to seal 'em up for a while.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I would be pissed, dont get me wrong but probably not as mad as you are about this whole thing. The obviously did something they shouldnt have but when you say you hope something good comes of this, what do you mean? Should they go to jail? Or pay a huge fine?

Why repair the box and have it vacuum sealed? Put the cigars into a different box or leave them as is.... Shit happens and it could have been a lot worse bro.
I don't think they should go to Jail or pay no huge fine, but something should be done to let them know tampering with mail is serious business. I'm pretty sure most people know it's not alright to open someone else's mail without permission from them. You see it's not addressed to you why bother it, then you see it's a cigar box if you can read, why trying to destroy the lid to open it.

I'm in the process of trying to get another box, but I didn't want them opened cause I had no intention of smoking them as I've got plenty of sticks to smoke.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad the sticks aren't damaged or missing, but I don't mess with peoples mail, or property unless I've gotten direct permission from them.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Yeah, no one should touch mail that doesnt belong to them.

In the end you bought the box for the contents and being that they are in good shape I would say lesson learned, make sure to give your current address out next time.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
That does suck B, people never should have opened the shipping box, much less the cigar box, I am sure someone has an empty box they can send you!

klipsch

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Are you thinking about renailing and sealing the box just so that you have a "sealed box"? The box is chintzy at best regardless of whether destroyed or not. The cigars are cello'd...I'd just pack em away loose. Keeping them in the box won't have any effect on the flavor or aging. If anything...they'd probably benefit NOT being in the box.

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
Well......I heard about this from Mac last night and I see that was exactly what I thought it was going to be. Dumb bitches used a butter knife to open the box.

JUST REMEMBER NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE A TAT WHORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos on not knocking them out.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Good Lord. It's a cigar box, not Al Capone's vault. What did they use? The jaws of life?

And opening your mail... tacky. Who would do that?

DITTO!!!! Man I would be be super pissed if it were me.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
If anything...they'd probably benefit NOT being in the box.
Not sure what your thought process behind that statement is....

If he bought them for aging, cello'd or not, in a box is better than out. Out they are exposed to more fresh air which speeds up the aging process. Granted, if they are sealed up in baggies or in some other way you get the same result with the exception of not having any cedar notes come from the wood from the box.