What's new

M80 Rant (not with the cigar) delivery

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Sucks to hear, I'm sure the cigars will be fine. A good lesson learned to make sure you know what address to use.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I just don't get it. I've opened mail addressed to other people. Irresponsible, I realize, but sometimes you just don't look at the label, it did show up at your house and all.

I can't figure out what prompted them to open the cigar box. By that point it should have been very clear the package wasn't theirs, label or no.

-Charles

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I'd have to side with Charles on this one. Box shows up at my house, good chance I'm opening before paying attention. Then the box says M80's, with a small explosive pictured on the box? Right before the 4th of July? I'd be damn interested at what's inside.

Though, I'd have used a proper tool to open it.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Wow, that sucks man... I'd be really pissed too just on principle.

But, after you calm down a bit, you should realize that you are actually lucky in getting the full box of cigars with no harm done to the cigars. They could've easily lied and said they never got your package. It's obvious to me that they got your package, opened it up hoping for something valuable, found a box that they had no idea what was in it... sure it's obvious to cigar smokers, but it's not so obvious to women who don't know anything about cigars... then realized they were cigars and had no problem giving them back to you when you came looking.

I'm just surprised, since they illegally opened up your package (basically admitting they were snooping for something valuable), that they admitted they got your package and gave it back...

I think you did the right thing turning these people in. If not, they would continue to do this. Now there is more of a chance they will do the right thing. However, if they get another one of your packages, they might be so pissed at you and might just open it and/or throw it away in spite.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I don't buy opening up a random big package without looking at the label. If it's 2 women that were in the house, they are probably roommates and I highly doubt they open each other's mail. Even in my house if I get a package, especially if I'm not expecting it, I look at the return address to see where/who it came from.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I don't buy opening up a random big package without looking at the label. If it's 2 women that were in the house, they are probably roommates and I highly doubt they open each other's mail. Even in my house if I get a package, especially if I'm not expecting it, I look at the return address to see where/who it came from.
OR, they are two blind lesbians who have no problem opening eachothers mail..... That would explain not reading the label, the relationship between the women and the lack of precision in opening the box...

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Along the lines on what will happen to them. They will certainly get a call or letter or visit from the Postmaster in the area. He will explain the consequences of continued abuse of the laws.

About 10 years ago I was a partner in a small painting company. During the holidays business slows down, so we did X-mas lights. I made up a killer flyer and we went in to a very upscale neighborhood. There really was not an efficient way to place these flyers on each homes front door step. The front doors could be between 75 and 150 yds apart. So we put nearly 1000 mailers in the flags on people’s mailboxes. We received a call that evening saying if this continued there was up to a $100 for every house in the neighborhood which was 1407 in total. Meaning we could be fined up to $140700 for that. Needless to say we found a better way to advertise. Lesson learned. The postmaster doesn’t mess around, kind of like a Game Warden.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
It is actually a federal offense to open the mail of someone else. More importantly, how are the cigars. The box can be replaced but not the cigars,.
AB the cigars looked fine, like they had been taken out and placed back into the box. I've got a fellow BOTL sending me his box.

If I had room in my drawers I wouldn't care about the box. But it goes back to the saying Keep your hands off of what isnt yours.