What's new

Maiden voyage

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
All I know is your pics made me hungry as sh*t this afternoon... .

I had to run over to publix and get a couple of slabs of baby back ribs and grab some hickory....

tomorrow Ill mix up a dry rub... wednesday Ill give the ribs a good dusting.. and then let them sit for 48 hours...

friday is going to be a smoke fest around here! (sticks and ribs!)

Im half tempted to go to the fish market and pick up a couple pounds of prawns too.... your shrimp look mighty tasty....

so much for that diet I was planning on lol....

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Love a good charcoal grill... looks awesome 40!

too many people rely on propane these days... wood and charcoal are becoming a lost art... glad to see youre keeping the faith brother!
Agreed, its do to society as a whole and the need for instant gratification, "We an't got time for that".

Or am I reading into this to much....haha
No, I think you hit the nail on the head.

Charcoal and wood, all the way... With the help of travelingj, I even got away from lighter fluid. Never looking back.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Use a chimney now? Best way ever, or at least for me.
Yeah, I feel like a jackass for never having gone that route before. It took a cranky ol' sunnovabitch in an RV to help me see the error of my ways... and rightly so. California is a little slow on the uptake when it comes to BBQ.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
All I know is your pics made me hungry as sh*t this afternoon... .

I had to run over to publix and get a couple of slabs of baby back ribs and grab some hickory....

tomorrow Ill mix up a dry rub... wednesday Ill give the ribs a good dusting.. and then let them sit for 48 hours...

friday is going to be a smoke fest around here! (sticks and ribs!)

Im half tempted to go to the fish market and pick up a couple pounds of prawns too.... your shrimp look mighty tasty....

so much for that diet I was planning on lol....
Nice ill probably do some kabobs this weekend

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Never used anything but charcoal, lump charcoal, and wood. Been trying to buy a new grill for three years. Something always comes up. Still using my original small Weber grill. Got to cook in shifts for parties lol. Nice grill.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Never used anything but charcoal, lump charcoal, and wood. Been trying to buy a new grill for three years. Something always comes up. Still using my original small Weber grill. Got to cook in shifts for parties lol. Nice grill.

Thanks I'm sure you have a grill worth in the humi lol

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0

Thanks I'm sure you have a grill worth in the humi lol
That kind of spending is more a this year kind of thing lol

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Ok forty I'm leaving my place now. I figure if I drove straight I can be in MD in about 10 hours so I will wait till 2 am leave and be there for lunch. I'm not picky lol all that's on the grill will do.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Ok forty I'm leaving my place now. I figure if I drove straight I can be in MD in about 10 hours so I will wait till 2 am leave and be there for lunch. I'm not picky lol all that's on the grill will do.
Lol all that's left is a few steaks and dogs ....even the asparagus was ravaged ... I always laugh that I can grill veggies and people love em

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Lol all that's left is a few steaks and dogs ....even the asparagus was ravaged ... I always laugh that I can grill veggies and people love em
I love grilling veggies, I do a lot of corn on the cob, potatoes and the other day I did broccoli.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I may have to try the brocolli thing.. I havent done that before...

I do love grilled veggies though.... zucchini, squash, corn, and potatos are regulars on the grill around here...

One of my all time favorites.. (but I havent done it in a long time... maybe Ill try it again this weekend...) is vidalia onions...

I cut the onion in half.. , and then cut a flat spot on the bottom so that it will sit upright on the grill..... then cut itseveral times across the body (similar to the "awesome blossum" you get at chilis...)... and then lightly sprinkle sugar inbetween all of the layers....

throw it on the grill where there is reasonably low heat (corners/edge).. top it with a large pat of butter.. and leave it alone until you start to see all of the sugar carmelize on the onion....

pull it off the grill.. and devour...

YUM!

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Oh the onion sounds good man! Great idea for sure.

I also like to do zucchini and squash, great combo and always tasty.

With the broccoli all I did was split them, drizzle a little coat of olive oil and then salt & peppered them.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Yeah, I feel like a jackass for never having gone that route before. It took a cranky ol' sunnovabitch in an RV to help me see the error of my ways... and rightly so. California is a little slow on the uptake when it comes to BBQ.
I'm not old. Bastard.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Propane and more time to smoke a cigar. That's us. There's a chance when the kids are older that we do charcoal but I wouldn't bet money on it.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Propane and more time to smoke a cigar. That's us. There's a chance when the kids are older that we do charcoal but I wouldn't bet money on it.
Lol still don't get it i Smoke the whole time lol light the fire wait for the coals to ash cook eat light up again wait for it to cool lol plenty of smoke time

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Lol still don't get it i Smoke the whole time lol light the fire wait for the coals to ash cook eat light up again wait for it to cool lol plenty of smoke time
Pretty much. I can't understand grilling over propane, at all. Just use a griddle plate inside if you are that hard up for time. Hell, I feel like I cheat by using charcoal half the time. That's my "lazy" fuel. The cleanup thing is weird, too. Am I the only one that uses a coal basket? I can pull out and dump hot coals whenever. Many times I've had to get the grill packed away right after cooking.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love a good charcoal grill... looks awesome 40!

too many people rely on propane these days... wood and charcoal are becoming a lost art... glad to see youre keeping the faith brother!
I have a propane grill and99% of the time I let it warm up so I can relax drink a beer and smoke some of a cigar, I'd probably be better off with charcoal. That's how my dad always did it so I remember how cuz it's imprinted in to my brain. LOL

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
If I had a coal basket.. I still wouldnt have a place to dump the hot coals...

the yard isnt an option... neither is the 70 gallon plastic trash can...

I just let the fire die a natural death when I use wood/charcoal.. and normally go back out to clean it up and put the grill cover back on either later that night... or first thing the next morning...

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I'm not old. Bastard.
Love you, too!

And DAVE, just get a metal trash bin... Dump it in there, and you can use it later for putting out greasefires out whatever.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2