What's new

Mail Order Cigar Companies Will Be Out Of Business....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i sent mine in a few days ago. the CRA has a great letter to send but i included a bit more.

this is more than just about "cigar rights" this is about individual rights and liberty.

this will be a travesty if this happens.
so much for freedom.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Yep...

Just imagine... I've been in this business since 1996... Had a good run, made a lot of friends and a few enemies.

My company engages in stiff competition with its competitors. We've had rivalries paralleling New York and Boston and price wars every time someone takes a daring leap to discount products further and deeper. Some of it has been stressful but most of it has been fun and worth the struggles to get your business.

But that will be all for naught in a very short time. Why? FDA...

Most people (inside and outside of this business) have failed to see the gravity of this situation. So let me make it clear..

If the FDA gets their way, you will not be able to order your cigars online. It's just that simple.

Of course, online stores will not be the only casualties.
Walk-in humidors will be banned. You'll have to ask for your cigar by name to someone who will hand it to you. No more see, touch, smell.
Manufacturers will have to submit cigars to the US government for testing. And they'll have to pay for the privilege. But they will not be allowed to advertise their products. New brands would be impossible to identify.

Sound like fiction? It's not..

Perhaps this is the wrong forum to post this in as it may be moved to the another section.. But it really won't matter in a few months, as FDA plans their assault on your cigars and my livelihood.

Want to know more???

http://www.famous-smoke.com/fda/4/

http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/29/cigar-lovers-industry-unite-to-snuff-out-fda-regulatory-agenda/

Spread the word.. This is a fight where everyone must get involved.

Humberto
Folks, still don't think the CRA does anything. The FDA is gunning for your rights.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I sent the email to my representatives, then I printed off a bunch of the letters and have them at my local B&M............

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I think CRA is the closest thing we have to the NRA for our cigar rights. There are a lot of members that have a good amount of pull in D.C and I hope we can keep this from happening. I was a member a few years ago and I'm going to sign up again. We always have interests in South America and I think that many of these countries would turn to drugs or go another way politically if we no longer bought cigars and tobacco from them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i sent mine in a few days ago. the CRA has a great letter to send but i included a bit more.

this is more than just about "cigar rights" this is about individual rights and liberty.

this will be a travesty if this happens.
so much for freedom.
BINGO! First it's this, to test if they can get away with it, then they'll move on to the next dangerous/unhealthy idea.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
My senator's response:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2011, S. 1461. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.
As you may know, the Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act would exempt traditional large and premium cigars from regulation by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This bill aims to protect businesses involved in the sale, manufacturing and distribution of traditional and premium cigars.
The Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act was introduced by Senator Bill Nelson on August 1, 2011, and has been referred to the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee. As a member of this Committee, I will keep your thoughts in mind should we consider this legislation.
For more information about my priorities as a U.S. Senator, I invite you to visit my website at http://bennet.senate.gov/. Again, thank you for contacting me.
I value the input of fellow Coloradans in considering the wide variety of important issues and legislative initiatives that come before the Senate. I hope you will continue to inform me of your thoughts and concerns.

Sincerely,

Michael Bennet
United States Senator

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Heres a small piece of my Senators reply

"However, as Co-Chair of the Senate Cancer Coalition, I believe that careful scrutiny has to be given to economic proposals to deregulate tobacco. I am very concerned about the harmful effects that smoking and tobacco use have on the health of Americans. In fact, the use of tobacco is the leading cause of preventable death in the United States, causing 443,000 deaths each year. "

GGGGrrrrrr:angerFU:

Cheers :ccool:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Billy Long just signed on as a co-sponsor and we sent a thank you card - I'd encourage any of you to do the same as people sign on - Let the them know we appreciate it!

ciano

Viaje Group
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I signed the petition. My mother and 3 brothers, my wife, 3 friends from work. None of them smoke but all believe in America and what it is....FREEDOM to do what we want and not what a##holes tell us to do.

Please support your local B&Ms and online retailers. They would do it for you.

We will win if we do what we do best. Support eachother.

Dont sit back and think that there are enough of us on here to take care of this. tell everyone of your family members and friends. it takes 2 minutes to fill out that petition.

Last edited:

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Your e-mail message was sent to:
Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)

She without a doubt is for the FDA control of premium cigars, very unfortunate I live in such a terrible state when it comes to politics. My message went to 2 others though that I think are possibly politicians that could go either way so hopefully more in NY are sending in their letters.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I certainly don't know everyone on the hill but I do know a few. John Boehner is an avid cigar smoker and so is Alex Castellanos. His name may not be quite as well known as Boehner's, but believe me, he has plenty of pull. I have plans to drop bugs in at least one of their ears in the next week. In fact, I just got an idea...

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I sent the letter and joined CRA with a one year membership. Unfortunately, my senators are Diane Feinstein and Barbara Boxer. They both sent replies to my letter preaching about the hazards of smoke and nicotine. I guess I know how they are gonna vote. No surprise here.

In addition to caring about my health, I wish these two bitches would give a damn about my freedom.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I sent the letter and joined CRA with a one year membership. Unfortunately, my senators are Diane Feinstein and Barbara Boxer. They both sent replies to my letter preaching about the hazards of smoke and nicotine. I guess I know how they are gonna vote. No surprise here.

In addition to caring about my health, I wish these two bitches would give a damn about my freedom.
Just got that same letter from Feinstein tonight.

I am crafting a letter (not that she'll actually read it) telling her that her "facts" are wrong, and that I have the right to smoke cigars.

Why not legislate against alcohol if she's so worried about my health?

...Think we all know the answer to THAT one

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
I think i've actually sent this out twice! *lol*

It's crazy, but we really need to mobilize on this issue, i like the idea
of getting even "non smokers" to send in the letter due to protecting
our "individual rights and freedoms"! I'll see if i can get some of my
friends and family to send in a letter as well!

keinreis

BoM Oct '11
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Love my state!

Dear Mr. Spetich:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the regulation of premium cigars.

Cigar manufacturing has been a major industry in Florida for generations, producing thousands of jobs and over a billion dollars in economic activity. Small businesses, such as local cigar manufacturers, are vital to a sustainable economic recovery. That is why I recently introduced, along with Senator Marco Rubio, the Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2011 (S.1461). This bipartisan bill would ensure Florida's premium cigar makers are not unduly burdened by additional Federal regulations.

S.1461 is pending before the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions. Similar legislation has been introduced in the House of Representatives, with twelve Florida members signed on as cosponsors. I will continue to support S.1461 as it moves through the legislative process. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,
Bill Nelson