What's new

Mail Order Cigar Companies Will Be Out Of Business....

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Heres a small piece of my Senators reply

"However, as Co-Chair of the Senate Cancer Coalition, I believe that careful scrutiny has to be given to economic proposals to deregulate tobacco. I am very concerned about the harmful effects that smoking and tobacco use have on the health of Americans. In fact, the use of tobacco is the leading cause of preventable death in the United States, causing 443,000 deaths each year. "

GGGGrrrrrr:angerFU:

Cheers :ccool:
Boxer, right? I am really beginning to think she is past her prime...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received the same response from my senator in NJ. Unreal, must be a form letter. Unreal

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8 to 8 Cigars and Casa de Montecristo are very active with Cigar Rights of America. On their website they have all of the latest information and information on how to make your opinion known. This is a very good site for anyone wishing to get involved and stand up for our rights!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres a small piece of my Senators reply

"However, as Co-Chair of the Senate Cancer Coalition, I believe that careful scrutiny has to be given to economic proposals to deregulate tobacco. I am very concerned about the harmful effects that smoking and tobacco use have on the health of Americans. In fact, the use of tobacco is the leading cause of preventable death in the United States, causing 443,000 deaths each year. "

GGGGrrrrrr:angerFU:

Cheers :ccool:
send him/her these:
CLICK

CLICK

CLICK

it probably wont help.
they already think they know everything. thats why they got into politics to begin with right?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
This is from my congresswoman in reply to my CRA letter...Can someone please interpret this poli-speak for me? Where does this lady stand? What is she gonna vote for?

Thank you for contacting me to share your support for the Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2011. I appreciate hearing from you and apologize for the delay in my response. Each week, I receive over 2,000 pieces of mail, and it often takes me longer to respond than I would like.

As a mother and a grandmother, I am particularly concerned about the impact of cigarette advertising on impressionable young children. As you know, the intent of The Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act was to limit the direct marketing and targeting of tobacco products to children. Certainly, those who are legally allowed to purchase and consume premium cigars should still be allowed to do so.

It was good to hear your personal perspective on this issue. As you may know, the Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2011 (H.R. 1639) has been introduced to exclude cigars from the scope of the Tobacco Control Act. Rest assured, I will keep your support for the bill in mind should it come before the House floor for a vote.

Once again, thank you for contacting me. Please sign up for my E-Newsletter at my website http://house.gov/susandavis/ if you would like to receive regular updates about what is happening in Congress.

With warm regards,

Susan Davis, U.S. Congress

ericdriscoll

CRA Ambassador #175966
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Standard double talk however the most important thing about any message you send is when they respond. All the letters I have sent via CRA have elicited responses. This sends the messages that we are vocal and they realize this. The more who respond to our local, state and federal politicians, the more it forces their eyes to open and concerns them that their future time in office may be comprised by concerned voters. Keep it up!

As always if any haven't joined CRA please revisit my post and let me know if you do as not only is it a great pro cigar organization I will personally take care of those who sign up or renew. I know Pete knows what I'm talking about! Thanks again!

Link: http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=32143

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Standard double talk however the most important thing about any message you send is when they respond. All the letters I have sent via CRA have elicited responses. This sends the messages that we are vocal and they realize this. The more who respond to our local, state and federal politicians, the more it forces their eyes to open and concerns them that their future time in office may be comprised by concerned voters. Keep it up!

As always if any haven't joined CRA please revisit my post and let me know if you do as not only is it a great pro cigar organization I will personally take care of those who sign up or renew. I know Pete knows what I'm talking about! Thanks again!

Link: http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=32143
Just got 6 more people to sign up a couple weeks ago!!!:clap:

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Response from my congresswoman

Thank you for contacting me about cigars. It is good to hear from you and I apologize for the delay in my response.

I appreciate knowing of your concern that the Food and Drug and Administration (FDA) may begin regulating cigars. The Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act provides the FDA with the legal authority to regulate cigarettes and smokeless tobacco. The Act also enables the FDA to regulate other tobacco products if it determines that those products should be subject to control under the law. Hence, the FDA may only regulate cigars after issuing a final rule stating that doing so would be appropriate under the Tobacco Control Act.

While the FDA has not yet issued a rule on the subject, Rep. Bill Posey has introduced preemptive legislation to preclude the FDA from regulating traditional large and premium cigars. The Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act (H.R. 1639) would exempt traditional large and premium cigars from FDA regulation and from user fees assessed on tobacco products by the FDA. This measure has been referred to the House Energy and Commerce Committee, on which I serve. Please know that I will keep your thoughts in mind should H.R. 1639 or similar legislation come before me.

Again, thank you for sharing your views. Your opinion matters to me. If I can be of service to you in any other way, please do not hesitate to let me know. As a security precaution, all mail sent to Congress is first irradiated. This process causes significant delays. To ensure the fastest response, I encourage all constituents who have access to the internet to contact me through my website at http://tammybaldwin.house.gov.

Sincerely,

Tammy Baldwin
Member of Congress

P.S. I regularly send out email updates on federal issues and opportunities. These reports also include regular surveys through which you can express your opinion. If you would like to receive these email updates, you may sign up by visiting my website at: http://baldwin.congressnewsletter.net/mail/util.cfm?mailaction=profile

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Response from my congresswoman

Thank you for contacting me about cigars. It is good to hear from you and I apologize for the delay in my response.

Sincerely,

Tammy Baldwin
Member of Congress

P.S. I regularly send out email updates on federal issues and opportunities. These reports also include regular surveys through which you can express your opinion. If you would like to receive these email updates, you may sign up by visiting my website at: http://baldwin.congressnewsletter.net/mail/util.cfm?mailaction=profile
Better answer than the one I got. My congresswoman told me that if it makes it to a vote she would vote against it. :argh: