What's new

Main Factor You Consider When Purchasing A Cigar?

What is the main factor you consider when purchasing a cigar you have not tried?

• Country of Origin

Votes: 19 11.8%
  • Wrapper Color

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Size and Shape

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Overall Appearance

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Price

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Trusted Brand/Brand Reputation

Votes: 41 25.5%
  • Hype and Advertising

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Limited Release

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • B&M Recommendation

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Friends Recommendation

Votes: 18 11.2%
  • BOTL Recommendation and Reviews

Votes: 45 28.0%
  • Other - See my post

Votes: 9 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Clint this one is for you, Bro

What is the main factor you consider when purchasing a cigar you have not tried?

- Country of Origin
- Wrapper Color
- Size and Shape
- Overall Appearance
- Price
- Trusted Brand/Brand Reputation
- Hype and Advertising
- Limited Release
- B&M Recommendation
- Friends Recommendation
- BOTL Recommendation and Reviews
- Other

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guess I should have added if it's hyped up I will wait for you guys to try it first and post reviews :)

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I hope I'm still alive when these polls come to fruition! I think we should be able to change our minds at least twice more during the coming year. :hysterica

I chose other because I think the most important thing for me is the blend.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
For the moment I am going with Trusted Brand, because I am on such a Tatuaje kick. I am sure I will have to try every Tatuaje that comes out, since so many are on my favorites list.

But I do also heavily consider Country of Origin, Wrapper and BOTL Recommendation and Reviews.

Rating - 100%
75   0   0
The first factor is price (percent off of MSRP) and a close second is BOTL recommendations and reviews. No matter how cheap the cigars are I need to hear some good reviews.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I wouldn't consider any single one of the choices a main factor. Either reword the poll or offer multiple choices. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I went with trusted brand, although being able to pick more than one would be nice. If LFD, Tatuaje, Padron, Illusione or J. Fuego come out with something new, I'm going to try it.

But I also get recommendations from my local tobacconist, and I read about stuff online...

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I have no problem asking the shop owner for a recommendation...but if he doesn't even ask me what I usually smoke I take what he says with a grain of salt. I usually pick up anything Jadawin suggests, and price is always a factor.

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
I suppose overall appearance and brand rep. But i have to admit i am a sucker limited hyped up sticks. Appearance doesn't always have to be it for me though. For instance if tomorrow viaje or tatuaje released a cameroon wrapped (not a fan of cameroon for the most part) 6 x 60 stick i would probably jump on it just because of the brand and the reputation. So far the majority of their cigars have impressed me so i would be willing to take a chance.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
MULTIPLE CHOICE DUDE!!!!!! no way I can pick just one.

But my choice is THE BAND. If it doesn't have a pretty band, then it can't be any good. right? Also if it has a really cool box, it must be a good cigar. I mean between the box and band on Gurkahs, we can see why they are the most prestigious cigar on the market.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to vote 'other'. I factor in all of the choices but sometimes I go in looking for a Nic puro, sometimes I'm looking for the hot stick of the moment and sometimes a cigar may just look so good that I have to give it a try.