What's new

Making Cheap Chinese Humidors Work

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is pretty awesome to follow. Can't wait to see the glasstop!
Gonna be a while, I ended up giving that one away with instruction on what to do to fix it, and some HF beads to another fairly handy botl from work.

I'm keeping my eyes open for another.
Do you still have the instruction? I was given(wife bought it) a glass top 100 count humidor from Thomas Cigars and I am have trouble with the RH and the temp. Temp and RH is high in the summer and low in the winter. Currently I am not using it but would like to fill it up.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
This is pretty awesome to follow. Can't wait to see the glasstop!
Gonna be a while, I ended up giving that one away with instruction on what to do to fix it, and some HF beads to another fairly handy botl from work.

I'm keeping my eyes open for another.
Do you still have the instruction? I was given(wife bought it) a glass top 100 count humidor from Thomas Cigars and I am have trouble with the RH and the temp. Temp and RH is high in the summer and low in the winter. Currently I am not using it but would like to fill it up.
The instructions on how to fix it is this thread, did you miss all the pictures at the top?

Here's a link

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php/75440-Making-Cheap-Chinese-Humidors-Work?p=1456544&viewfull=1#post1456544

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Great ideas you show here.

I get folks suggesting to other to get a Tupperdore if funds are short. Heck, I even suggest it.

But threads like this are great for folks who may already own a cheaper humi and not have to $ to drop on something newer and better.

Nicely done.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
not a bad idea could be really easy for some one who gets a free humidor combo from ci or Thompson. I might try to do this to mine later on! Thanks for the detail

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Awful lot of work to make a POS humidor work...just buy a bigger Tupperware...place the POS Chinese humidor inside...voila' you have a great working humidor for $4 instantly. The cedar from the humidor will help regulate the RH and you don't need the top of the wood humidor....it just acts as a tray inside the tupperware. Your welcome!