What's new

Making the next step, building a new coolidor

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Ordered 4 cedar trays today for the new cooler, I have two already and some plastic baskets I plan to transfer them to the new cooler. Step by step we move forward. I may order 4 more in the future.

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
The RH is running 71-77 as the temp moves from 69 -71 degrees. Waiting for my new cedar trays to arrive and I'll place them in the cooler and see how it affects the RH. My concern was the cooler standing on end, how soon would it would recover from an opening, so far it only takes minutes to readjust.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
EDIT: I’d say throw them all in to help you RH wise by absorbing that high humidity. I don’t know though maybe some others can give some better insight cause that RH is still on the high side.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
since the cooler is empty of cigars and I am getting the RH stable, I don't see any issue placing empty trays inside to absorb some of the RH.
Ya I'm sorry that's what I meant, since the RH is high now it may be good to throw them in to help absorb it and stabilize everything. Sorry I should have worded that differently. I hope it works out for you, I'm watching closely to eventually do this myself I think. I just purchased a cheap storage tupperware and stripped it with silicone on the lid to help seal it. We will see how that turns out, so far it holds RH perfectly.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Very cool! I've been looking to convert my cooler this way as well, but I will keep using the open top cigar boxes I currently use. Trays cut into my cigar budget lol

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I loaded the cooler yesterday, and plan to take some photos of it. I already like it because I can find what I am looking for, without removing everything. The cooler was sitting at 70/70, this morning it is reading 69/66, and I have room for more.