What's new

Man do cigars taste better when it's warm out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many ways that environmental factors can increase the comfort of the smoker, thereby the enjoyment of the cigar being smoked; the least of which is that somehow ambient temperature alters the merits of constructed tobacco mixture, defining aromas and/or taste profile of that mix.

Last edited:

madiaz

coronita
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings,

I guess i am on the opposite end of the camp. Some of my most memorable smoking has happened sitting on a log outside in the middle of winter.

Clear night sky with the moon reflecting on on the white snow. Everything calm and crispy with the smoke gently floating in low cloud.. No birds chirping, just complete serenity. I love it, but only when there is zero wind. For me the wind is what affects the experience the most.

I was outside the other day and it was close to 70 but with big wind gusts and it sucked.

I would rather smoke outside at 30 degrees with no wind than 80's or 90's with wind over 5 mph.

regards,
m.ad.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Start smoking more cohibas.:crosseyed
So my question would be...

If I smoke inside (summer & winter) at relatively the same temperature you're saying I'll notice a difference? I have never noticed such difference in 15+ years of smoking cigars so either my palate sucks or...

I'm game but it's warming up now so not much point.

Now I do smoke a lot outside in the summer and I enjoy the smoking more, but that because I'm outside, not due to the cigar.

Also I don't smoke when it's cold outside since I do notice a difference when sucking in cold air vs sucking in warm air. That does cause a difference that is noticeable but IMO doesn't have anything to do with the change of the cigar.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Its definitely not psychological. I don't know if the cigars cycle, but we just run a woodburner where I'm at right not and in Michigan some parts of the house would get quite cold. The basement especially because that where my TV is and where we would smoke at times. Also at my brother in laws house we would smoke in the garage, where it was cold as well. I could tell a significant difference in taste from when I smoked somewhere warm.

Your body just works better overall what its warmer.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings,

I would rather smoke outside at 30 degrees with no wind than 80's or 90's with wind over 5 mph.
Amen. I HATE wind when I am smoking and love it when the air is still. I love to watch the smoke just hang in the air in front of me and slowly float away, rather than blow away quickly. Also, much less frequent burn problems.

I smoke about 1 cigar every day and every day I check weather.com to see what mother nature holds in store for that day...mainly interested in the wind.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I don't enjoy smoking in the summers its too bloody hot outside and I break into a sweat before I'm a quarter inch into my cigar.. much prefer the winter months when its cooler with that said most of my smoking is done indoors don't particularly enjoy smoking outdoors because of the high winds here.

Weather makes no difference whatsoever to a cigar the only difference it makes is to the smoker.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Just part of the atmosphere. I'm sure a steak doesn't taste as good in a prison as it does in a nice restaurant.

I just had a cigar at my neighbors by a campfire, was nice but still damn cold out. I like it when its warm and the suns on me and there's no wind.
Now that's funny! I wouldn't want to be the judge of that one. I prefer civilian steaks! LoL I couldn't wait until the weather broke, now that it finally has
smoking is wonderful again. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think when you get a whiff of fresh air it cleanses the palate and the smoke smells better and you can taste the cigar better then if you are in a smoke filled room.

Alaska_Man

Occasional Puffer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings,

I guess i am on the opposite end of the camp. Some of my most memorable smoking has happened sitting on a log outside in the middle of winter.

Clear night sky with the moon reflecting on on the white snow. Everything calm and crispy with the smoke gently floating in low cloud.. No birds chirping, just complete serenity. I love it, but only when there is zero wind. For me the wind is what affects the experience the most.

I was outside the other day and it was close to 70 but with big wind gusts and it sucked.

regards,
m.ad.
Completely agree with everything said here. One of the best cigar experience was sitting on a porch in Chena Hot Springs on a clear moonlit night in Alaskan January, could not have been warmer than 0F, probably closer to -10. Steam clouds from the hot springs were filling the valley below. Dayumn that was sweet.

Other memorable smokes: in the car while driving up the Dalton Highway (the same road they drive in Ice Road Truckers), at 1am (but still full daylight!) in Coldfoot, AK (60 mi above the Arctic Circle).

That said, I live in Alaska. I LOVE the warmest weather we get here, but the warmest weather we do get here is mid-70s. On a windless summer day, perfect smoking conditions.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Greetings,

regards,
m.ad.
Yeah wind sucks too. I dont even like to turn the fan on too high when I'm smoking inside. You gotta get that cloud of smoke around you to get all that smell.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
There are many ways that environmental factors can increase the comfort of the smoker, thereby the enjoyment of the cigar being smoked; the least of which is that somehow ambient temperature alters the merits of constructed tobacco mixture, defining aromas and/or taste profile of that mix.
I agree. Well said. :applause::applause: