What's new

Maybe it's just me...

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm surprised to see such a lack of satisfaction with the HE - especially with the price. I find it to be a very enjoyable, non-offensive cigar (in the sense that I thought it had a little bit of everything to draw to all palates), and I think the price is actually pretty solid. Considering I can get them for $9 in NJ, that's a pretty solid deal.

With all of that said, I LOVED the Lancero (its my highest rated cigar of 2014 so far - which means nothing other than its my favorite new cigar of 2014 that I've smoked), found the Tienda Exclusiva to be on par, and the Norteno to be a slight step below, IMO.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
If you guys need a place to dispose of those cigars let me know, haha. Personally, I like the blend a lot!
Agreed. I love the lancero and the Lonsdale. I've enjoyed the others as well. I do agree that the price point is a bit high, but other than that I've been very happy with them.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I've smoked a few boxes of different sizes. I like the HEs a lot. It's a solid cigar. It's also probably my favorite DE made cigar, although I enjoy a LP from time-to-time.

But I also like the LAT a lot. I know two guys that really like the HE, but not the LAT. That's why there are so many different manufacturers and blends out there: people enjoy different stuff.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I only like the smaller gauges but even then price comes into account. I can get other sticks I love for half the price.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had one HE (I'd have to check my journal on the size). I liked it, but my palate isn't as refined as some of yours.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I feel the same way about the Tat Black Corona Gorda. I tried 3, and each time it felt lackluster. Liga Privada had a similar effect.

Smoke what you like!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Wow I'm really surprised by the number of people who aren't fond of HE. I personally love the blend. The lancero is in my top 3 currently. Again, it's all about what your palate likes. It's all good- more left for me :). G1

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The HE lonsdale is one of my favorite sticks, although the delicate wrapper does drive be a bit crazy. Still haven't gotten to try the lancero, but am looking forward to getting my hands on a few.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm a fan, but seems like fresh out of the box they smoke a bit flat, especially the larger sizes. Need some time to chill out in the humi.