What's new

Me, Cigars, Cincinnati

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Welcome and those cookouts sound like good times.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Welcome aboard ... :waving:

Koi ponds eh? I heard these can get ungodly expensive. They had a story on the radio recently about a lady who does house-sitting for part time work. She was watching a house for a couple on vacation and when they returned, all 7 of their Koi were dead ... supposedly from a water hose that had been left on. They are suing the house-sitter for the value of their fish ... $35K! :popeyes:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Welcome to BOTL. Enjoy. Just put a larger pond and the wife has been rasing Koi for a couple of years. We had a crane come in and eat soem of the big ones so we put in a water scarecrow. No more problems

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I used to catch my neighbor's koi when I was a kid....4 lb test and a nice little piece of corn did the trick :grin: That guy was pissed when he caught me :stickbeat Even more so when he found out I was stocking his pond with largemouth bass :rofl:

Oh, and Welcome Gregg!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Hello all, I'm Gregg and I'm new to the forum. I live in Cincinnati and I loves me some cigars. I hang hard line cable for a living and have 2 kids and a fiancee. I'm a robusto kinda guy and (dare I say) cigaraholic. If I'm not smoking one of my faves, I'm sleeping, naturally. What else is there? Hahaha kidding. I've got a few hobbies you could say. Cigars, guns, women, and my newest... Koi ponds. I tend to hold a monthly "cigar cookout" and anyone living in the Cincinnati area is welcome to come. I'll end up posting something about the next one before we get there. It'd be great to meet some more of the local smokers. Well I'll end this before you get sick of my incoherent rambling. Great place you've got here by the way!
:welcome: