What's new

Method of Lighting cigars

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I believe cigar smoking is a personal and individual experience that really shouldn't be criticized by other smokers. That being said when it comes to lighting your cigar- how do you do it? Personally I used the cedar wood chips from boxes or wood matches. This is the only real rule that I follow and I frown upon direct lighter ignition. Mostly, I don't want any butane influence on the taste. It really doesn't matter much just a nuance that experienced smokers notice the difference. Botl try to go exclusively wood matches, see if over time you notice the difference. If not you might just be smoke low quality cigars Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I only smoke low quality cigars that i light with a welding torch

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cringe when i have someone smoking an acid or LFD near me... just ruins my day :)
Sorry to go OT, but why LFD? I hear certain brands get knocked around and because I'm newer to cigars (about a year in to really going at it), I don't always understand. I can understand ACID if you don't liked infused (I personally don't like infused at all), but why LFD? And for that matter, I see Gurkha get mentioned a lot too. Why?

Oh...and where do people get cedar spills? I've never come across them, either online or in b&m's?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Most cedar spills are simply box liners split lengthwise. Just ask, any B&M will have them and cigar matches. LFD is a first for me, must be a personal affliction for the poster. Gurka on the other hand has a reputation for inconsistency and making a lot of different low quality cigars. They list high MSRP then discount the hell out of them and use marketing to sell the product.

I've never had a Gurka but I have some resting in my Humi so I'm willing to form my own opinion about them.

konmtu

CRA #100012823
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Sorry to go OT, but why LFD? I hear certain brands get knocked around and because I'm newer to cigars (about a year in to really going at it), I don't always understand. I can understand ACID if you don't liked infused (I personally don't like infused at all), but why LFD? And for that matter, I see Gurkha get mentioned a lot too. Why?

Oh...and where do people get cedar spills? I've never come across them, either online or in b&m's?

It was @ChuckMejia poking fun @bostoneo for his love of LFD's. As always, remember, "Smoke what you like and like what you smoke."

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair
It was @ChuckMejia poking fun @bostoneo for his love of LFD's. As always, remember, "Smoke what you like and like what you smoke."
Fair enough! Haha. Those criticisms don't bother me, but I was simply curious if there was a reason behind it. As @Boudie (also thank you for the info on the spills...didn't know this) stated on the Gurkhas, that makes sense why people may not like the brand. I've had a few and most I've had were actually fairly good (although I have had a couple gross ones).

In any case, thanks for clarifying.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Fair

Fair enough! Haha. Those criticisms don't bother me, but I was simply curious if there was a reason behind it. As @Boudie (also thank you for the info on the spills...didn't know this) stated on the Gurkhas, that makes sense why people may not like the brand. I've had a few and most I've had were actually fairly good (although I have had a couple gross ones).

In any case, thanks for clarifying.
I mean... all LFD taste the same... they're a boring smoke... for me. I wouldn't buy them.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Gurkha sucks. Don't smoke crap if you can get as good or better cigars for the same price.

LFD has good tobacco but people who smoke LFD...... :)