What's new

MLB 2019

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Yeah, my boys will be licking their wounds from this series for a while. Hate to lose, but this might do the Dodgers some good. I think their heads were swelling a bit. Now get back to playing better baseball.
Yeah, I think your Dodgers will be fine. Tons of talent. Watch out for those Brewers though, they have a very good team too.
Check out the Brewers reliever named Hader! Talk about dominant, and they often throw him 2 innings.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Yea they are. Hell of a game today. Dem Bums really played horrible today. But, the Cards took none of the errors or wild pitches for granted (Bader!). I hope Goldy gets out of his funk soon.
I think Goldie is a slow starter like Carpenter. If and when they both heat up the Cards are going to be very tough. The pitching is getting in a groove too, except for Wacha. He must have demons in his head or something.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Carlos Martinez is starting to throw off the mound, so it likely may not be long until he is back.
ESPN radio here in STL tossed up an interesting idea not long ago - Carlos Martinez as a full-time closer. I don't watch the Cards enough to have a valuable opinion, but thought it might be interesting to see what you guys thought of it - realistic possibility, or completely crazy?

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
ESPN radio here in STL tossed up an interesting idea not long ago - Carlos Martinez as a full-time closer. I don't watch the Cards enough to have a valuable opinion, but thought it might be interesting to see what you guys thought of it - realistic possibility, or completely crazy?
I think it would be a strong possibility. Andrew Miller struck out 3 Dodgers in the 9th inning in the last game against the Dodgers, so he is getting the feel back. Once Martinez gets back and gets settled in the Cardinals will have a great relieving core. Martinez, Miller, Hicks (up to 105mph and added a nasty changeup), Brebbia has been great, Gant, Hudson, all have been throwing very well. But if Martinez gets healthy and finds his groove, he could be a very dominate closer IMO.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I think Goldie is a slow starter like Carpenter. If and when they both heat up the Cards are going to be very tough. The pitching is getting in a groove too, except for Wacha. He must have demons in his head or something.
Agreed. Wacha has got to get it under control. Maybe, just maybe not having Yaddi out there yesterday effected him. The Cards could not seem to get all the bats synced up last year, I hope when Goldy and Marp start hitting there is not a drop off from the others. I’m really looking fwd to the Mexico series this weekend, nothing better than beating up on the Reds!

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Twins starting off way better than I though with 4-1..

Anybody else's MLB app still showing last years stats and standings too?

Stupid Tapatalk
Twins are playing some great ball, it's great to see them get off to a hot start. That catch by Buxton yesterday was amazing. They just need to temper their pitching as they try to give away some of those games. As for the MLB app, you need to update it or delete it and reload. I love that app as I am in CA so it is the only way I can watch Twins games.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Twins are playing some great ball, it's great to see them get off to a hot start. That catch by Buxton yesterday was amazing. They just need to temper their pitching as they try to give away some of those games. As for the MLB app, you need to update it or delete it and reload. I love that app as I am in CA so it is the only way I can watch Twins games.
I had already tried deleting and reloading and updating my phone first. Corrected stats and standings like 3 days later. It’s all good now! Yeah I didn’t expect twins to start out better than terrible, with all of the changes in the last year, so I’m pumped!

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Cardinals have been playing pretty well recently. Things are looking positive so far, but it's a long season. Going for a 4 game sweep of the Nats this afternoon.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Can't state how excited I am about the Twins this year. Usually I am a little reserved with them because MN Teams know how to pull the rug out from under you but they are playing some damn good ball. Sano is starting to work his way back which will help if Marwin can't pick his shit up. Hopefully they can beat the Astros today to take the series from then and Yankees next!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
If you'da told me that, after us opening at 1-6, with the Brewers at 7-2, that by the end of the month we'd be two games ahead of them, I would have said, "YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT GO CUBS!" lol

Meanwhile, can someone please cool the Cardinals of a little? Oh, you mean, it's our turn to do that tomorrow? Well, alright then.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Can't state how excited I am about the Twins this year. Usually I am a little reserved with them because MN Teams know how to pull the rug out from under you but they are playing some damn good ball. Sano is starting to work his way back which will help if Marwin can't pick his shit up. Hopefully they can beat the Astros today to take the series from then and Yankees next!
I’m super stoked! I thought the Twins were gonna start terrible like 0-13 with all the changes and rookies. Never would have guessed that they were gonna start off so strong!

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
If you'da told me that, after us opening at 1-6, with the Brewers at 7-2, that by the end of the month we'd be two games ahead of them, I would have said, "YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT GO CUBS!" lol

Meanwhile, can someone please cool the Cardinals of a little? Oh, you mean, it's our turn to do that tomorrow? Well, alright then.
I have a feeling both the Cubs and Cards will be battling it out this year. I don't know what happened to the Brewers, but I don't really care.
I see Addison Russels 40 game suspension for Domestic Violence is over and he is in AAA. He seems like I good kid and hopefully learned from his suspension.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I’m super stoked! I thought the Twins were gonna start terrible like 0-13 with all the changes and rookies. Never would have guessed that they were gonna start off so strong!

Stupid Tapatalk
It looks like your Twins should be good to make the post season this year. The AL Central appears pretty weak so far. I have kind of followed the Twins over the last 20 years because of Joe Mauer. I got to meet and talk to him a couple of times when he was in High School. He and about 100 top players were in town playing baseball and competing to make the USA Junior Olympic Team. A good friend was Joes host family for the 2 weeks while he was here. He was a high quality kid then and continues to be a great role model. I instantly became a Joe Mauer fan.
Oh, and after all of these years Joe continues to keep in touch and correspond with his host family which is pretty remarkable IMO.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
The Reds are 6.5 games out of 1st place. I still have hope though. They have plenty of offensive weapons, pretty good pitching, and Nick Senzel was promoted to the big leagues on Friday :)

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Time to revive this thread and get down to the nut cuttin. I think everyone's team that has posted in this thread is still in the hunt, except for the Reds. But they have been playing well most of the 2nd half.
There is going to be a bunch of great baseball coming over the next several weeks. I really like where the Cardinals are and they are playing very good baseball. Team chemistry seems great.

I think the Cubs fans are getting a little nervous, but it's all up to the Cubs on where they land. But as a Cards fan, I've gotta be honest with you, Nothing in baseball right now than the Cards knock the Cubs out of the playoffs during the last series of regular season would make me happier. There are 2 diehard Cubs fans on my block, and both have been relentless and merciless to me when the Cubbies were playing well and held 1st place. Both are great guys and good friends, but this last month they must be running back into their houses when they see me outside or driving down the street. Earlier this year they would walk close to the street and yell obceneties at me, like "Go Cubs". Such vulgar talk. Where did they go? Hahaha
Trust me, if things go as I am hoping, I will let my Cardinal voice be heard. I am going to hit a few pawn shops and see if I can find a bull horn.

Come on guys, it's time to spew some baseball bile.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
My favorite team (Tigers) is the worst team in baseball.

My National League team (Cubs) is scuttling, and with Baez out for September, the new kid and some other vets need to step up if they're at least going to get a Wild Card spot.

I can't wait for hockey to start. :LOL:

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
@icehog3 Yeah, it would be tough to be a Tigers fan. Cards have always been my NL team, but I was also an AL Royals fan. I ended up kicking the Royals to the curb in the 90's after I finally accepted they were not in it to win. I never looked back even after they won the WS.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Twins should take their division and it has been exciting to watch one of the most offensively powerful team in baseball, but I think between the injuries and the horrible pitching they won't make it that deep into the playoffs. They sure as hell have been fun to watch though. If only they got some pitching help at the deadline....