What's new

Mojitos

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Simple syrup is easy to make. Just put some water in a pan and boil it, throw in sugar. 1:1 water/sugar ratio for thick syrup 2:1 for medium 3:1 for thin. For this recipe you would want the thinner stuff.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Yea it's not bad for 1L.

Thanks for the tip Josh. I knew that was kinda what to do, but I was too lazy to experiment :ballbounc :bouncetau

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
mint is growing in my backyard, cant wait to follow that recipe. had my first Mojito at Mangos in South Beach.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I had my first mojito a little over a week back at a restaurant called Mojito's in Louisville, Kentucky. Man, it was DELICIOUS! I was the only one at our table to get one, and I got it based on the recommendations of you fine brothers. After everyone tasted mine, we ended up with a couple pitchers full of 'em!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I try to atleast have'm once a month in large quantities. They're a staple, so to speak.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I watched them closely at azucar last time I went. They put cut up limes and the mint into the glass, then poured plain ol sugar on top. Then you take a wooden muddler and do that downwards twisting motion till its all nice and mashed. Then the bartender added the ice, poured in plenty of rum and topped it with the club soda.

I think there is a little stirring after the rum is added, but everything is made right in the glass, no shakers.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my first and only (so far) Mojitos in a Cuban restaurant on Grand Cayman, they were good, but not enough rum.

As for the cuba libre, i stumbled on that by accident the first time i mixed a rum and diet coke w/lime. it is now my preferred mixer.